Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #11
CBII
Animated
Re: Kreo G1 style Devastator (forms!) and G1 Ironhide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback...I am considering making a manual for it...hopefully I'll get some time this weekend.
YES please!

I can build it but lack the foresight to actually start from scratch.

Last edited by CBII; 11-29-2012 at 04:36 AM.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #12
johndclayton
Generation 1

echo my friend you have totally totally outdone yourself with all those upgrade parts of yours to enhance and upgrade 3rd party tfc herucles into being a true to life masterpeice style devastator.

by the way ech o i private mesasaged you earleir just so you know
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Hey guys,

Well these aren't instructions, but I was hoping some pictures up close and from several angles could help.

Let me know...have a look:

Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
Echotransformer

And here's Longhaul. Honestly he's not up to my usual standards in terms of build quality and sturdiness...have a look at what "SunswipePrime" did or try to use these pictures to improve on it yourself. Good luck! Either way you'll have a ton of fun building this bad-ass...

Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #15
bikeguy
Generation 1
bikeguy's Ebay Auctions

Friggin Brilliant pictures Echo my friend. I've been messing around with my kits for the past two days, using yours and Sun Swipe Prime's resources (pictures and YT videos) and some of the build's just evaded me. Looks like it is time to dive back in. Thanks again, Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Hey guys,

Well these aren't instructions, but I was hoping some pictures up close and from several angles could help.

Let me know...have a look:

bikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #16
Autobot_Lancer
Robot in Disguise

I did sunswipe primes build and it took me 15-16 hours to build. I was trying to use the pictures that you and him posted but I wish I had these as a reference for hook and long haul. It's crazy that both you guys have 2 different designs that still come up with the same result. So worth the time to build, hopefully you will be able to post instructions like you did for your transforming prime. Any way great work and thanks for the inspiration
Old 01-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #17
johndclayton
Generation 1

has anyone here figured out away to combine all the parts together from the rage of hercules add on set to create a heavily armored destructicon roller combat drone vehicle ?

now this is just how i did it but i took the gun and shoulder exstension parts from the rage set , folded the plug stud parts out from the bottom of each shoulder block part and connected them on to each side of the gun

these parts used like this form the main cannon for the combat drone

i then used both of the hercules gun stock handles from mad blender and also used the gun stock handle of the gun from the rage set to use as connector points to attach the two lower arms together side by side from the add on set.

if you take a look at the side of the rage add on sets lower arms you will notice a set of holes on each side of the lower arms on the wrist side of each lower arm

what i did is that i used the gun stock handles from madblender to connect the lower arms together side by side at the wrist end and the gun stock handle from the rage of hercuels sets gun to connect them together side by side on the elbow end

to do this the grey colored parts on top of the rage lower arms elbows also had to be pluged into place on each side of the rage gun as the plug studs on the grey parts can be plugged into the hole on the back end of the rage gun on each side

using these parts like this the rage sets lower arms actually hold together very well in a snug solid manner as they are used to form the main body parts of the combat drone vehicle mode

if you look at the bottom side of the hercules wing plate parts from madblender you wil notice thate there are two centers holes molded into place

i used the center hole under the bottom back half of the center chest part piece to plug the entire assembled wingplate into place on topof the back half of the rage gun using the plug stud there as the connector point

with the wings folded straight up and rotated back a quarter turn the purple wing parts double as rear mounted missiles as well

while the purple colored hercules fists from neckbreaker and exgraver can be left plugged into place at the wrist tribarrol connector plug hole ports on the wrist end of the rage lower arms

to give the combat drone a set of actual wheels i salvaged a set of parts from a cybertron defense red alert figure i hand in my junk parts bin which was incomplete and very much stripped down for spare parts originally

the parts i salvaged are those parts that fold down onto the sides of cybertron red alerts lower legs which have the dual rear set of wheels mounted to them

the reason i salvaged them was because they are the perfect size plug stud for them to be able to connect into place on the outer sides of the lower arms from the rage of herculese add on set

the stud plugs on the cybertron red alert parts plug into the top hole on the wrist side on the outside of each lower arm

as for the individual tfc constructicons weapons i mounted dr cranks and exgravers guns on the shoulder block parts

with structors and heavylabours guns mounted into place on the central plug stud on the grey colored parts of the rage lower ars elbows

with the madblender and neckbreaker parts combined together using neckbreakers gun to exstend madblendrs gun with the back center hole on madblenders gun being used to conenct it to that fold out plug stud post on the back of the rage of hercules gun

all together it looks like all the parts can be used to form a very believable looking heavily armored and heavily armed decepticon roller drone combat vehicle i call destructicon

with the way all the parts can be attached together to form the combat drone vehicle im surprised no one at tfc thoguht it up in the first place to be hoenst
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #18
CBII
Animated

Well I finally started.

I'm 8 hours into it and I have 5 of the 6 members done.

Wideload is next and I'm not looking forward that it.

Hopefully I'll have it finished with a few more hours of work.

Thanks for the pics and tips!
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #19
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Holy Slag Scraplets...........and all I wanted to do was collect the Kreons. Noooooooo............................

Very Nice

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Echotransformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Well I finally started.

I'm 8 hours into it and I have 5 of the 6 members done.

Wideload is next and I'm not looking forward that it.

Hopefully I'll have it finished with a few more hours of work.

Thanks for the pics and tips!
NP! Super excited to see the result, will you share pics?