Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Goodapollo4
GLORIOUS!!!
A question for the Calgary collectors.

Hey there,

So in about three days I am flying up from NS to Calgary for the first time to meet the gf's family. Obviously I want to use this as a chance to pick up some plastic robots lol.

So I am wondering, where do the Calgary collectors pick up their tf's? What are good comic book or hobby shops to check out? I will be in the North west part of town apparently, but I'll be traveling all over.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: A question for the Calgary collectors.

if you'll be here on the weekend,you may make it in time for the next local meet up/get together at peter's drive in.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodapollo4 View Post
So I am wondering, where do the Calgary collectors pick up their tf's?
TRU Parking lots generally. You'll find some shadey characters offering you TF's out of their car. :P

The popular comic shops seem to be Phoenix Comics and Another Dimension (my personal preference). Otherwise, you will be heading to the normal retail outlets.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
The Ark
The Original Scalper.

If you get downtown, there is always Tommy's store in Dragon city mall in China town.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Ok Major retailers:
4 Toys R Us's - Market Mall (NW), Cross Iron Mills Mall (North of Calgary), Sunridge (NE, Close to Sunridge Mall) and Macleod Trail (South Calgary): Most of these have decent selection, but nothing different that what you probay can get in NS. Your best bet is to hit up the Malls as you can look for toys and your lady can look for sexy Underwear! its and win-win!
Many Walmarts - Just do a google search. Wal Mart has been hit or miss, but they are everywhere, so they are easy to checkout.
Zellers / Superstore- They do have toys, somtimes. Both these retailers have a selection of older toys, but it varies by location. My advice, do not go out of your way, but if you can stop it may be worth your time.

Comic/Hobby-
Phoenix Comics on 17th Ave SW is a great store for general collecting goodness inclusing comics, toys and models. Prices are decent, but their selection of transformers is weak.
Another Dimesion Comics in Kensington has provided many transformers collectors with hard to find new releases throughout the last year. It has been years since I have been, so I'm not really sure what it is like, but if Jourdo likes it, it must be good.
Chinook Hobby on Macleod Trail is a great place for toys in general. They have an amazing selection of different new and used figures. Even if I don't buy anything, I love to just go and look.
And finally Tommy's store at the Dragon City Mall is busting with imports that maybe a bit harder to find. Prices are decent considering they are imports.

Hope you have a good trip!

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 06-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Ok Major retailers:
4 Toys R Us's - Market Mall (NW), Cross Iron Mills Mall (North of Calgary), Sunridge (NE, Close to Sunridge Mall) and Macleod Trail (South Calgary): Most of these have decent selection, but nothing different that what you probay can get in NS. Your best bet is to hit up the Malls as you can look for toys and your lady can look for sexy Underwear! its and win-win!
Many Walmarts - Just do a google search. Wal Mart has been hit or miss, but they are everywhere, so they are easy to checkout.
Zellers / Superstore- They do have toys, somtimes. Both these retailers have a selection of older toys, but it varies by location. My advice, do not go out of your way, but if you can stop it may be worth your time.

Comic/Hobby-
Phoenix Comics on 17th Ave SW is a great store for general collecting goodness inclusing comics, toys and models. Prices are decent, but their selection of transformers is weak.
Another Dimesion Comics in Kensington has provided many transformers collectors with hard to find new releases throughout the last year. It has been years since I have been, so I'm not really sure what it is like, but if Jourdo likes it, it must be good.
Chinook Hobby on Macleod Trail is a great place for toys in general. They have an amazing selection of different new and used figures. Even if I don't buy anything, I love to just go and look.
And finally Tommy's store at the Dragon City Mall is busting with imports that maybe a bit harder to find. Prices are decent considering they are imports.

Hope you have a good trip!
I agree with everything here, but wanted to correct the address for Phoenix comics

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
I agree with everything here, but wanted to correct the address for Phoenix comics
Oops, thanks for the save. 17th Ave SE is a much different place...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Goodapollo4
GLORIOUS!!!

Wow thanks alot guys! This looks like a pretty definitive list, you have made my girlfriend very unhappy haha.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #9
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

That's a pretty definitive list, yeah.

I also used online sources a lot over the last year to get Generations stuff.