Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Armada Toy Was The Best?
Blurr 1 1.49%
Hot Shot 1 1.49%
Optimus Prime (with Over-Run)/Nemesis Prime 25 37.31%
Optimus Prime (the big one) 5 7.46%
Red Alert 3 4.48%
Megatron 5 7.46%
Starscream 4 5.97%
Demolishor 3 4.48%
Wheeljack 2 2.99%
OTHER 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
Re: TF: Armada toys Revisited

Your numbers are wrong, 49 members and 8951 lurkers.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #22
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
"Bendy Prime"....he got me back into collecting all those years ago...
This. I was just rolling through the toy section, not really thinking about Transformers at all, when that beautiful piece of plastic caught my eye. After years without buying a single Transformer, good old' Deluxe Armada Optimus got me hooked again. Even now, after all of these years, he's still one of my favourite figures. I have him in alt mode right now pulling the trailer from his Leader-class version, with Mini-Cons galore on top of it and inside.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #23
nukedproducts
Captain Vaudeville

i thought the hoist mold was pretty awesome.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #24
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

It's a toss up between Blurr & Supercon Prime for me. I freaked when I got them both because I thought they were so bad ass. Years later Supercon Prime still stands above most other deluxe figures.

Shockwave/Megatron combination was awesome. Unicron is a no brainer, but he's just soooo much more the the entire line itself. Waaaaay ahead of it's time even for the time that it was.

Overload & Jetfire were pretty decent too.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #25
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
That's all? With over 9000 members, only 49 people (votes) played with Armada toys?
Remember not everyone owns any armada toys or molds.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #26
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Wink Re: TF: Armada toys Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Remember not everyone owns any armada toys or molds.
True, I wasn't expecting 3000 votes, I figured around 200 votes would be a reasonable expectation. Well we're up to 53 now, that's a little better.

I surprised no one has mentioned the Laserbeak toy. Sure the bird wasn't fun to play with, but the "gun" mode was kinda fun...

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #27
Omega.Prime
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79
I surprised no one has mentioned the Laserbeak toy. Sure the bird wasn't fun to play with, but the "gun" mode was kinda fun...
Hahaha, never seen a worse shelf warmer! That thing was still in Zellers 3 years after they were released! Beast wars had some bad ones but Laserbeak takes the cake

Btw, I agree that Bendy Prime and Nemesis rocked!

Cheers!
Omega.Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Bendy Prime was best of the best, no doubt. Though I do like the large Prime as well, despite his brickiness (I am a G1er afterall). I also like the Megtron figure a lot for whatever reason.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I abstain from voting due to the fact that I can not single out one particular mold as being the best or even the worst of the Armada line.

Many of the figures are sadly underrated, it doesn't matter how poseable they are to me, some of the details and sculpt work on the Armada figures were quite impressive, have you seen Tidal Wave? Or Megatron? Or Cyclonus?

The Decepticons of this era were some of my all-time favorites, compared to RID which was full of repaints for the 'cons, the newer bulkier molds were some of the best Hasbro made.

Demolishor, Thrust, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, heck even Sideways has his merits and he's an unposeable lump of plastic with puny arms and hands that don't hold anything.

Lest we forget Wheeljack, the Autobot turned 'Con, the first Autobot to actualy go over to the 'Cons purposefully I believe.

And how can we forget Side Swipe, the mold that just wouldn't die (and I still want all four/five versions of this mold from the Universe 1.0 line. :rofl)

Hot Shot, Smokescreen, Blurr, Hoist, Laserbeak, Red Alert, Scavenger, Overload, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, many of these figures were a great step back into the world of vehicular transformers, in spite of the flaws of the engineering due to their gimmicks.

The Mini-Cons, the modern equivalent to the Masters of the past, you want a Targetmaster, you've got it, you want a Powermaster, you've got it, Headmasters, check, Micro Masters, defintiely, Action Masters... Uh, ok, so maybe not, but you get the point. A pity Hasbro's Mini-Con creativity tends to be only a handful of new molds each subsequent year and then a bunch of repaints of the same darn molds we've seen infinitum.

Unicron, the ultimate force of Chaos and Evil in the Transformers universe at last recieved an action figure, I still want his Energon Dark Repaint dang it, but I digress.

Transformers Armada may not have been the ultimate success, Hasbro did a few things right, they did a few things wrong, and even a few things that still have folks scratching their heads even today, but Armada took the success that was Beast Wars, the flop that was Beast Machines and the over the top success that was Robots in Disguise and transformed the franchise yet again.

In the end, I'd like to see more Classicverse interpretations of Armada figures, a new Demolishor and Cyclonus would be great and I could always use more Mini-Cons.

And even Laserbeak has his merits, he's massively out of scale with the rest of the Autobots, but he's the first Role Play item to be made since the G1 days. And if they'd stuck to the black and red color scheme with an orange plug on him, I mean he was a camcorder that transformed into a bird and what could have easily been identified as an alternate camera mode instead of gun mode and they could have easily gotten away with it... It's not like it even resembled a damn real life gun. *Shakes Head*

'Bendy' Prime may be a great mold I suppose, but personally I don't see why he has to be hyped up so much when a lot of other figures from that line have really great sculpts and are ten times more fun to play with, 'Bendy' Prime is great for posing and junk, but his gimmick has got to be the worst one of all next to Side Swipe's, he punches his chest in an unconvincing attempt at swinging his fists... Oh wow. If he wasn't so full of ball joints and junk to make poses he'd be a pretty poor excuse for a Prime figure.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #30
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Tidal Wave for me. I might of voted for the Galvatron repaint if it was available, but it's not.