Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #61
tusko
Classic
Re: New G1 dvd is CHEAPER in Canada!

Bob the other seeker? I smell spin-off or at least an IDW Spotlight.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #62
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
At retail, I have always found Candian prices on DVD/BluRay/CDs better than American pricing. Cause every time I'm in the States looking at buying a media, I always pass because I remember it being cheaper up here. Different Story online though.
REally??? Wow, I've experienced much differently.

I lived in Massachussettes 2 years ago and saw tons of great DVD prices at Target stores and online like amazon.
I always compared with Canada and the US prices were much cheaper even after conversion, plus Canada is taxer and shippinger.

Needless to say I cleaned house with DVD's.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #63
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Know any stores that are carrying this aweosme box set? Best Buy and Future Shop don't have it listed.
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #64
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd View Post
Know any stores that are carrying this aweosme box set? Best Buy and Future Shop don't have it listed.
That's because it hasn't been released at retail, and nobody's confirmed that it will be. However, you can pre-order it through Shout!Factory if memory serves me.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #65
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Well I've started to rewatch The Transformers: Season One thanks to Shout!Factory, and I have to admit although I absolutely love this show, it would have been nice if they took the time to remove alot of the errors. I've already seen a Yellow Cliffjumper, and two Starscream's in one scene.
My wife picked it up for me last Tuesday and I di dnot really notice any differences. They fixed a couple of animation errors but that is really it.
Going to give this to my brother as it did not cost me anything as I had a gift card and am just keeping the Rhino sets. Not worth spending more money on something that I already have. If it ever comes out on Blu-ray different story!
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #66
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteselegacy View Post
My wife picked it up for me last Tuesday and I di dnot really notice any differences. They fixed a couple of animation errors but that is really it.
Going to give this to my brother as it did not cost me anything as I had a gift card and am just keeping the Rhino sets. Not worth spending more money on something that I already have. If it ever comes out on Blu-ray different story!
Does that mean you still heard the crappy additional sound effects that Rhino had added to the episodes? Because if not then why get rid of it, but if so then that's false advertising on Shout!s part because haven't they stated somewhere that those sound effects are NO LONGER on the show?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #67
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

No they got rid of the sound effects but those did not bother me really. Also, I do not think the new set is in 5.1. Rhino is.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #68
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
The problem with the Rhino sets (and subsequently Metrodome) is that they used the production masters instead of broadcast masters. Shout! Factory got a hold of the original broadcast masters. Unfortunately the broadcast masters were in terrible shape, and could not be used as source material. They went through the production masters that Rhino had used, picked out the mistakes, and cut in the appropriate scenes from the broadcast masters, and colour corrected to match up the footage from the different masters.

I'm not clear if the season sets have bonus features, or just the complete series. However, according to the Toyfare interview, the complete series (and only the complete series) will contain a round table discussion with eight of the original voice actors including Frank Welker.

I need this set.

I'm not aware of any strange issues with the 2 disc 20th anniversary movie. It was released by Sony. However Sony's release included the wide screen version on the disc. Previous releases from Rhino and Seville (I think it was) only had full screen. I'm not sure if this is actual widescreen or if they stretched it. It's my understanding that the movie was animated in 4:3...or most of it. Check out Metrodome's Transformers The Movie Reconstructed for what you're missing (which isn't much, but I enjoyed it nonetheless). Maybe someone else has more info about the movie, and can correct me/fill in the gaps.

I'm not aware of any Beast Wars/Machines mistakes from Rhino. I have never seen them. However when Anchor Bay re-released the first five episodes of Beast Machines, it claimed it was in 16:9, which prompted me to buy it again. Naturally it was still a full screen transfer. I was displeased. Everything was the same as their first release except for the case. I've heard rumours in the past that Beast Machines was animated in 16:9 and then cropped for television, but I have no idea if this is true. Thus I was very excited for the Anchor Bay re-release...and then very disappointed.

I don't know if the movie is included in the Shout! Factory sets. Metrodome included it (regular, not reconstructed) in their Season 2 Part 2 set.

Thanks a lot for the info!

I have not noticed any issues with my Beast Wars and Beast Machine boxes from Rhino...but I thought I would just ask to make sure lol.

The picture and audio quality for both is amazing by the way - they really come to life on the screen. But I am not sure if Beast Machines was created in widescreen. Hmm.

Transformers the Movie was released in widescreen as far as I can tell. I did see the movie in theaters when it came out (I was a little person) so it must be wide. And it looks to me like the widescreen version on the 20th Anniversary DVD is indeed correct, not stretched.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote