Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #61
Slayback
Animated
Re: TFcon Toronto 2015 Registration Now Online

Via takes a lot longer and is not cheaper. i dont remember if they do a stop in Mississauga. If the stop is downtown Toronto - then he has to add his bus/cab ride fare and time to mississauga. The airport is a 10-15 min leisure drive.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 02-25-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #62
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Some good suggestions already mentioned.
Also,

-Keep checking. You never know when a deal comes up on "Freak-sale-Friday" or "Taco-Tuesday"

-Is driving/bussing to/from Edmonton an option?
I just checked there's no price difference now, but you never know when Edmonton flights get a daily deal while Calgary don't.

-Can you vary your flight days?
Just in case a Thursday flight is cheaper than Friday.
Obviously this is do-able if you have a friend in Toronto where you can stay the extra night for free.
Thanks all, I guess I'll just keep checking in for flight deals... though I risk missing out on the Peter Cullen event the longer I wait for a better flight deal. Crappy gamble, but there really is no point for me to buy the VIP ticket now if it turns out I can't afford to make the trip.

Varying my flight days won't really work as that would mean I would have to book the hotel for longer as I don't know anyone there to stay with, but thanks.

Driving there won't be feasible either; my wife will need the car while I'm gone.

Slayback - what are these buddy passes you mentioned about with Westjet employees? What does this do?
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #63
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Badges will be punched and hands will be stamped, it's not possible to share them.
If that is the case....say for example I purchase my pass while they are still available now, but end up not being able to afford the trip to get out there, would I be able to transfer them to someone else if it has not yet been punched/nobody's hand has been stamped/I have not yet registered, etc.?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #64
Gumby
Beasty

For me, I literally don't need anything in the package other than admission for one day and the autograph. Really wish there was an option to give up some of the perks for an extra sig.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #65
Slayback
Animated

Buddy passes are passes that people who work for the airline get. One of the perks work working with the company. The still have to pay for a flight but on a much reduced rated. eg i think i paid 300$? to get a return flight from toronto to vancouver. You fly on standby but if its like in the middle of the week - theres usually plenty of seats. Oh - its a limited # of passes per year so its not like they have tons.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #66
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Finally got my ticket, with the passing of Nimoy this week , I really thought to myself I can't pass this one up, I may never get to meet him again! I got to meet Nimoy and it was an awesome experience I'll never forget.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #67
Chigimus
Masterpiece

So....my wife (bless her dear spark) bought the convention pass for me cuz she doesn't want to see me miss out on this chance to meet Peter Cullen, but now that I'm trying to book the hotel room, I can't get the group rate to generate. TFcon site shows the room should be $109 per night, but the Delta site is generating $199/night.... do I need to call the hotel directly to get the group rate?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #68
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
So....my wife (bless her dear spark) bought the convention pass for me cuz she doesn't want to see me miss out on this chance to meet Peter Cullen, but now that I'm trying to book the hotel room, I can't get the group rate to generate. TFcon site shows the room should be $109 per night, but the Delta site is generating $199/night.... do I need to call the hotel directly to get the group rate?
I would call the hotel and if you have an issue email the convention directly.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #69
DuG
Titanium

Paid for the weekend, this year I'll be there both days instead of just the Sunday.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #70
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I would call the hotel and if you have an issue email the convention directly.
Ok, so I called their reservation line and they informed me the block of rooms that were agreed upon for the group rate have been sold out. There is no waiting list I can be placed on either, otherwise I have to pay for a more expensive room...

I've e-mailed the con directly as suggested asking if they can do anything else to increase the # of rooms for the block that was put aside for this group rate and still awaiting a response.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest a nearby hotel that could offer a comparable rate to the con's group rate OR, to those that have already successfully reserved a room, if you've booked a room that has a spare bed, would you be willing to split the cost of the room with me? I'm probably only going to be there for the weekend of the con, Fri to Sun. Send me a PM if so.

Tags
tfcon 2015