Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #31
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy
Re: tfcon 2014 high's and low's

Not me personally I understand they're there to make a dollar but to stand their and listen to them heckle and complain and flat out make fun of fans. I've been in the customer service/retail for over 16 years and if they were decent humans they would treat the fans as fans.
We all went to the con as fans and to see friends and even grab a toy or two lol. However in the end a few dealers were just rude and the many ppl who shopped from these ppl didn't hear the garbage they would speak of after the transactions.

So to answer just rude!
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #32
Slayback
Animated

What was the context? or am i asking for a can of worms to be opened? Were you standing right there watching them 'heckle' customers?

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #33
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Can of worms lol. Just know I will not do business with these people. Just want fans to be aware that the dealers at these shows aren't the main attraction, the guests, friends, and memories are! Dealers just fill up the hall. There prices and product are there for all of us to look at and buy, or not buy lol. There opinions are not needed or wanted.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #34
CJS
Generation 1

I always look at both sides of the coin. I always try to be fair and if its a good price I wont barter, but if I feel its a lil overpriced I will, leave the guy a card and say text me if you accept my offer at the end of the show. Its low pressure for everyone and usually everyone walks away happy. That being said, some dealers just get tired and loopy, Im in no way defending the arrogant ones, which there are but I let my consumer dollars let them know I wont be dealing with them. Being a huge believer in balance in the world Im sure the proportion of dealers being a lil d-baggy here and there is countered by ridiculous low ballers. Ive never had a problem with any of them, whether its transformers or bananas its still merch being sold in a free market arena. Im not a dealer but Im sure after the costs and amount of time from when they leave their homes till they pack up is pretty exhausting, and to stand there and have people offer half of what theyre asking,,,,, im sure they get a lil aggravated at the end of the day. Just my .02 lol
CJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #35
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
Highs: Free Burrito?! What? -totally. Thanks W. (see..you're first)
Your welcome Holmes! I just hope you ate it and didn't play wobble sausage with it... if you know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Cons:
Some of the dealers, I'm not talking about prices but attitude!! I will say right now I will not deal with at least 3-4 of these regulars ever again that attend, as their disgusting behaviour towards people, and in fact (customers) at the show. I don't know what it was but if money is tight and you believe that we as convention goers owe you something your wrong! I also hope that these 3-4 individuals are not returning to these events as they don't belong. As I also want people to know that if they have a bad experience that I'm sure the staff and organizers would want to know! (Well I hope they do.)

Anyways overall it was a great show, with really 3-4 bad apples!!
That's not cool to bite that hand that feeds you, tsk tsk. You should call them out, I would be glad to ban them too!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #36
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Highs:
- winning 2nd in the custom contest. Still hasn't sunken in yet
- getting to play Obsidian in the script reading
- the friends and memories I made, and rediscovered (this is obvious)
- NACHOOOOOOOOOOOS. God damn I love those nachos.

Lows:
- being chased into the elevator by a storm of NERF darts
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #37
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

dude, congrats on that 2nd place in the custom contest! your star sabre custom was also wicked awesome man!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #38
chans formers
raff ow roud

@malwave,you make me laugh bro
@zuffy,i forgot to mention to malwave but after the auction,the guy who won it actually also wanted a pic with the artist who made starsaber....i think malwave may have been busy hiding in ambush at the time though...lolz.

highs=
  • seeing old friends and getting caught up again,and meeting new ones while putting more faces to screen names.
  • managing to fit a "plowking" into a toyota yaris hatchback(seems every year we try to see what we can fit him into now...almost tradition lolz)
  • sneaking up and completely disarming malwave...the realization on his face was almost worth the price of the plane tickets itself
  • going through the dealer room with myself and a good friends little one while they searched for goodies hand in hand.(to those who gave them a wide berth,i want to thank you once again for being considerate,there were times when they would go to a table,a guy would stop haggling,let them do their thing,then once they moved on,the guy would continue haggling.again,thank you to all who were considerate...top shelf guys)
  • finally experiencing the water slide for the first time this year...it looks tiny but it's quite fun,make sure to try it out next year.
  • there's still more but these immediately come to mind as positives.
negatives=
  • the chlorine levels in both the hot tub and main pool seemed quite strong.
  • friday night registration line up in the hallway,i was tempted to try to prop open the doors that run along the hallway as the "stank" was getting quite funky for a bit there.
  • the one security guard at the main entrance in the white shirt stopping/checking/scaring my little one...even though she's four years old and was with a guardian who had a exhibitors pass.i get that he has a job to do and i'm sure he's good at it but c'mon man.....
  • the lack of actual show vehicles in or outside like how we had the batmobile before or the old datsun g1 prowl or the bb and barricade cars.they kind of added to the experience imho.
  • like others have said...the show ending is a top one for a negative but hey,unfortunately real life must be resumed
edit:another main positive was one of our fellow members literally saving the tfcon after party....nuff said for now.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #39
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
@malwave,you make me laugh bro
@zuffy,i forgot to mention to malwave but after the auction,the guy who won it actually also wanted a pic with the artist who made starsaber....i think malwave may have been busy hiding in ambush at the time though...lolz.

highs=
  • seeing old friends and getting caught up again,and meeting new ones while putting more faces to screen names.
  • managing to fit a "plowking" into a toyota yaris hatchback(seems every year we try to see what we can fit him into now...almost tradition lolz)
  • sneaking up and completely disarming malwave...the realization on his face was almost worth the price of the plane tickets itself
  • going through the dealer room with myself and a good friends little one while they searched for goodies hand in hand.(to those who gave them a wide berth,i want to thank you once again for being considerate,there were times when they would go to a table,a guy would stop haggling,let them do their thing,then once they moved on,the guy would continue haggling.again,thank you to all who were considerate...top shelf guys)
  • finally experiencing the water slide for the first time this year...it looks tiny but it's quite fun,make sure to try it out next year.
  • there's still more but these immediately come to mind as positives.
negatives=
  • the chlorine levels in both the hot tub and main pool seemed quite strong.
  • friday night registration line up in the hallway,i was tempted to try to prop open the doors that run along the hallway as the "stank" was getting quite funky for a bit there.
  • the one security guard at the main entrance in the white shirt stopping/checking/scaring my little one...even though she's four years old and was with a guardian who had a exhibitors pass.i get that he has a job to do and i'm sure he's good at it but c'mon man.....
  • the lack of actual show vehicles in or outside like how we had the batmobile before or the old datsun g1 prowl or the bb and barricade cars.they kind of added to the experience imho.
  • like others have said...the show ending is a top one for a negative but hey,unfortunately real life must be resumed
edit:another main positive was one of our fellow members literally saving the tfcon after party....nuff said for now.
damn it why didn't you say so? Oh well
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #40
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post

Lows:
- Getting fired at with Nerf guns while I was passed out drunk on the couch in the hotel room.

Be glad I didn't have permanent markers. He who passes out first suffers the most.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote