Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
chisau
why i hate the ipod touch.....

I hate the ipod touch because:

-they are expensive as hell, (compare to other MP3 players and media players)

-they offer only 8GB and 16GB, which is enough for music but not for movies. what a waste of a nice screen.

-the touch screen is not new technology. It's been around for a while. it's not even good technology. it's nothing more then a gimic.

-It's just a iPhone minus the phone. (that's like a porshe minus the wheels)(nice, but pointless)

-the only thing works on the ipod touch is the music download network where you can spend even more money easier and faster.

-did i mention it's ridiculously expensive?

-you know once you bought it, Apple will release with something better in 6 month anyways.

-Nothing is free on the ipod touch, every function want to know what your credit card number is.

-Hacking the ipod touch will break it and void the warrenty.

-the battery life is not enough.

-the screen will break!

-the market is flooded with these devices, i try to sell a iphone once and the guy offered me $50 for it. i wonder what the second hand ipod touch value is?

-I really hate steve jobs trade marked look.

-they come with the same stupid head phones. which my broke. Twice!

-the graphics processor sucks so you can't play any games on it. not that the OS will let you play games anyways.

-it's not compatible with any previous Ipod accessories that i already own.

-It's made in China. (trust me, it's made in China)

-that joke about "i got the touch.." does get old fast.

-i'll think of more later.

Last edited by chisau; 09-28-2007 at 02:43 AM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag
Re: why i hate the ipod touch.....

I hear ya man! I really don't care if its touch screen, as long as it does its job which is play music and videos i'm happy
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
beatrush

I won one of those at one of those evil Stacker machines in the malls.

Its a piece of crap, I went back to using my 4 gig nano.
beatrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
Ozrein
Stunticon

I'll stick with my Soundwave Ipod. more than enough ipod for me.
Ozrein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Super PrimeZ

I bought a new PSP last night, the Slim and Lite Daxter variant package. Sure it was $220, but I just love it so much, so slim, and lite, and the ability to connect to a TV, download RSS Channels(ie. Podcasts,etc.), Music input, and the ressurgence of great games (Jeanne D'arc is a must own, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is fun aswell), and don't forget that gorgeous WideScreen, the PSP is really the way to go. And because of this I stand beside my whole anti-iPod life, there are other choices and thus I'll never buy an I Pod, even if Apple makes it the size of my finger nail.
It's confirmed! Death Note will premiere on October 26, at 10:00PM EST!!!
Super PrimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
dak
Master Creator

-I love the iPod touch. and I prefer it without the phone part.

-battery is not a problem if they are keeping the battery you find in the iPhone.

-A standard DVD is only 4.7 GB's and that's never just video. So an actual video size is smaller. Saying that, 16 GB is enough to hold a movie.

-There will be other versions out later with more memory. but think, every release, the price never changes, so it's almost better to wait for a bit. Plus by waiting you are giving apple the time to work out the kinks for other versions.

-Touch screen is not new technology, but used in a hand held device is pretty new. Before the only way to do it was with a stylus pen. If it wasn't so new, then there would be more devices using it.

-no phone feature is smart marketing. Those that have a phone they are comfortable with, don't need to get a new phone, and they can have a cool iPod that acts like an iPhone

-the only function that costs money.... is downloading music content. The exact same as any other music player program. The only differance is you have the ability to download it directly to the player rather than the computer then the player.

-Hacking anything will void the warranty.

-so.... 22 hours of music playback is not enough?

-anything that has a screen has potential for breakage.

-When you buy anything, what is the purpose of you buying it? Do you buy to Sell, or Buy to Buy? Are you buying it to use it then sell it later, hoping that when you sell it you will get your full money back? That will never happen. only after years and years, will something go up in value. As soon as you take something out of the box, it's value drops. and a guy offering $50 doesn't mean it's worth $50. You got to set a selling price for a used product, of corse somone is going to offer the lowest they can for it.

-If the point was to be a gaming machine, it's be a damn gaming machine. But it's not, it's a music and video player, which has web access.

-Backwards compatibility is a flaw yes, and I agree. but it's a change, just like everything in this world. when technology changes, it doesn't always allow for full compatibility on previous devices. Something we gotta live with.

-Everything's made in China. Doesn't mean the technology was developed in china, it means it was manufactured in china. And by joe.... if you take a look at our favourite toy line.... It's made in China! *gasp* Things are made in china because it's cheap.

Sorry for the rebuttle rant, but I'm a fan, and those are my argument statements.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
chisau

you bought one, didn't you dak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
-I love the iPod touch. and I prefer it without the phone part.

-battery is not a problem if they are keeping the battery you find in the iPhone.

-A standard DVD is only 4.7 GB's and that's never just video. So an actual video size is smaller. Saying that, 16 GB is enough to hold a movie.

-There will be other versions out later with more memory. but think, every release, the price never changes, so it's almost better to wait for a bit. Plus by waiting you are giving apple the time to work out the kinks for other versions.

-Touch screen is not new technology, but used in a hand held device is pretty new. Before the only way to do it was with a stylus pen. If it wasn't so new, then there would be more devices using it.

-no phone feature is smart marketing. Those that have a phone they are comfortable with, don't need to get a new phone, and they can have a cool iPod that acts like an iPhone

-the only function that costs money.... is downloading music content. The exact same as any other music player program. The only differance is you have the ability to download it directly to the player rather than the computer then the player.

-Hacking anything will void the warranty.

-so.... 22 hours of music playback is not enough?

-anything that has a screen has potential for breakage.

-When you buy anything, what is the purpose of you buying it? Do you buy to Sell, or Buy to Buy? Are you buying it to use it then sell it later, hoping that when you sell it you will get your full money back? That will never happen. only after years and years, will something go up in value. As soon as you take something out of the box, it's value drops. and a guy offering $50 doesn't mean it's worth $50. You got to set a selling price for a used product, of corse somone is going to offer the lowest they can for it.

-If the point was to be a gaming machine, it's be a damn gaming machine. But it's not, it's a music and video player, which has web access.

-Backwards compatibility is a flaw yes, and I agree. but it's a change, just like everything in this world. when technology changes, it doesn't always allow for full compatibility on previous devices. Something we gotta live with.

-Everything's made in China. Doesn't mean the technology was developed in china, it means it was manufactured in china. And by joe.... if you take a look at our favourite toy line.... It's made in China! *gasp* Things are made in china because it's cheap.

Sorry for the rebuttle rant, but I'm a fan, and those are my argument statements.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
dak
Master Creator

haha, no, not yet. But I plan on it.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
RandomFerret

Why do you have to rant and rave about this kind of thing? Why can't you just be happy liking what you like?

If somebody else is happy with something you don't like, there is no reason for you to say anything.

Do you slap ice cream out of children's hands and scream "I DON'T LIKE ICE CREAM!" in their faces?