Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Breaks and Tumbles

I broke Alternators Grimlock's door while trying to figure out the rubic's cube transformation. A little super glue later and he was fine.

I've had a few divers off the shelf, but nothing that could not be snapped back together. My rule of thumb, the more scared I am of something breaking, the lower on the shelf it generally goes. For example, MP Megatron is on the bottom shelf as I don't trust that guy to stand by himself so when he does go down there "should" be minimal damage.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Non Transformers, but I had built a Enterprise 1701-D with the light kit in it. It was Christmas Eve and I was showing my GF at the time and it took a nose dive off my sheflf and shattered all the lights inside and the saucer section skidded across my floor, much like it did in the movie "Generations"! I was pissed!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #13
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I broke Alternators Grimlock's door while trying to figure out the rubic's cube transformation. A little super glue later and he was fine.

I've had a few divers off the shelf, but nothing that could not be snapped back together. My rule of thumb, the more scared I am of something breaking, the lower on the shelf it generally goes. For example, MP Megatron is on the bottom shelf as I don't trust that guy to stand by himself so when he does go down there "should" be minimal damage.
Hahaha i find myself doing the same thing, stickin my more expensive figs in safer places. Thanks for the replies everyone, some funny and not so funny stories lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #14
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Non Transformers, but I had built a Enterprise 1701-D with the light kit in it. It was Christmas Eve and I was showing my GF at the time and it took a nose dive off my sheflf and shattered all the lights inside and the saucer section skidded across my floor, much like it did in the movie "Generations"! I was pissed!
Was the "then GF" mean enough to laugh at you? haha...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Here's one: One day when I was looking at my CM Corp Genesic Gao Gai Gar it looked a bit funny. It turns out one of knee-join has snapped under pressure It is a well known design flaw

Another: I dropped my SoC Volts V from the top shelf down to the floor once Luckily, nothing broke, not even a scratch, thanks to the carpeted floor in my old collection room.

BTW, I just broke my TF Animated Blitzwing That little black round connector knob thing on one of the wings broke off, even with the screw/nail that hold it in place. I super-glued it back... hope it will hold.

I still have most of my (original-box-less) collections in boxes after our West to East move. The thought of what will be in store for me when I open these up later always send a shudder down my spine.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 09-22-2008 at 11:34 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #16
Spacemonkey
Energon

My Hasbro MP Starscream (in jet mode on is base) fell from the top of my computer desk (4.5 feet fall) and the only things that broke were the two small tips on the back of the two tail fins. Fortunatly, i didn't lose those little bits and i did the repair. It still visible but at least, Screamer remains complete. It happened only one week after receiving him
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #17
Bountyan
Cybertron

I was playing around with my Classics Jetfire (lol)
and I accidentally broke an antenna on his helmet, but only about halfway. Now I never use him, since the helmet is so delicate. I tried superglue but didn't work well.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #18
exoskeleton

I broke Movie Bonecrushers arm off, and glued it back on with super glue,.. now hes stuck in robo modo

OR MY ELECTRONIC MUSIC

exoskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #19
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
My Hasbro MP Starscream (in jet mode on is base) fell from the top of my computer desk (4.5 feet fall) and the only things that broke were the two small tips on the back of the two tail fins. Fortunatly, i didn't lose those little bits and i did the repair. It still visible but at least, Screamer remains complete. It happened only one week after receiving him
Same happened to my MP Skywarp. But only one tail fin tip broke off. Never found the piece though, so I couldn't fix it.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #20
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Lots of them. My worst one was last night as I was transforming and packing away my minty Shockwave. The lower arm where his laser canon is just popped off. Dammit.