Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #771
halcyon
Generation 2
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbacon View Post
I had MP Soundwave, MP Acid Storm, and Generations Metroplex all on preorder from toysrus.ca. I had ordered them all a few weeks ago when Toys R Us had the 25% off sale on all Transformers products. The website had the prices listed at the 25% off sale price. I was thrilled, especially since ONE CASE of two units of MP Soundwave had arrived at the local TRU store that week. Of course I didn't get one of the TWO UNITS the store got. At least now all I had to do was wait for the products to come to my mailbox, and at 25% off no less. I didn't mind waiting a bit if it meant saving some money and not having to rush to the local TRU every other day.

My wife and I got new credit cards this week. I went to my usual online purchase places like amazon.ca, BBTS.com, and Paypal in order to update my "payment information." All of these were very simple to do, even at BBTS where I have merchandises in the "Pile of Loot" and Amazon where I have some CD's on preorder.

I went to toysrus.ca and couldn't find the "edit payment information" option. I called the 1-800 customer service number, and after 3 or 4 minutes a lady answered and I told her my situation. She said she'd "check with her supervisor and be back in 2 minutes or less." Eight minutes later she came back and told me I'd have to cancel my current preorders and reorder the products since they were unable to edit payment information on orders that had already been placed. Keep in mind these were ONLY PREORDERS. My credit card hadn't even been charged yet.

I told her I would have done that but then I'd loose out on the 25% off sale that was going on the week I ordered them. She then asked me to please hold AGAIN while she checked with her supervisor. SEVENTEEN MINUTES LATER she returned and told me, "we're sorry sir, but the products you ordered on our website are no longer available due to high demand."

I told her I know the products are in high demand, that's why I ordered them from the website, to avoid the hassle of constantly checking my local store which may or may not even get the product in.

She told me she was "very sorry sir."

I told her being sorry wouldn't get me one of the two MP Soundwaves that my local TRU got and sold out of before even making it to the shelves.

I then thanked her for her time.
I posted a similar happening to me. My biggest frustration was that i had the Year of the Horse Prime on pre-order, I just moved so i had to update my credit card information, and now all my previous orders will probably not be valid.
I ended up getting Acid Storm and Soundwave with 25% off with the new credit card but if there's a line, I'll be way back as oppose to when I preordered day 1.

If I end up with extra Soundwave MPs more so than what I was planning, I'll be sure to pass along to the community who's been in a similar situation.

Terrible Customer service on behalf of TRU. I hope this event brings hell for the CS department...not that I want ill will on them but that they'd learn from this mistake and prevent it from ever happening again.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #772
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Ever wonder what goes though the mind of people at Tru Customer service when a crazed tf collector calls.

From the view of a TRU Customer Services rep "I just got a call from one of those crazy transformers collectors again, the guy was crying to me like a baby about mb soundthing WTF to that, glad that's over, now back to answering calls about baby's products again. "
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #773
bubbacon
Generation Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
I love this. My current card expires at the end of the month and all I have to change with TRU is the expiry date on the card and now it sounds like I'm going to lose my whole order? If that's true, I'm going to raise hell with that store.

Prepare to raise hell, because I guarantee you're going to loose your whole order. For what it's worth fellow collector, sorry.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #774
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion View Post
Ever wonder what goes though the mind of people at Tru Customer service when a crazed tf collector calls.

From the view of a TRU Customer Services rep "I just got a call from one of those crazy transformers collectors again, the guy was crying to me like a baby about mb soundthing WTF to that, glad that's over, now back to answering calls about baby's products again. "
Parents are just as crazy.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #775
munim
Generation 1

Make yourselves heard to people that matter, not some poor soul on the phone that dgaf.

Spokesperson
Kathleen Waugh, 973-617-5888 (probably generic number)
Kathleen.Waugh@toysrus.com

No time to look up anyone else's email address or number but you can begin to find this info in press releases (sometimes it's a PR company though) and their SEC filings. Also linkedin.
munim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #776
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
That is correct folks. A huge, multinational corporation cannot even change simple payment options for preorders while small independent merchants are able to do it easily. How sad is that.

I too am going to lose out on my pre-order, it didn't help that the TRU phone representatives have a Southern accent which just makes them sound like redneck hicks...
That's because TRU customer service is based out from the states.

The accent threw me off so I asked where they were located. Texas...
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #777
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Parents are just as crazy.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #778
halcyon
Generation 2

Imagine parents of transformer collectors.... =)
Old 09-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #779
CPrime
Generation 2

Just got an update on MP Acid Storm saying "item located in stock". No change from GET DATE on Soundwave though...

At least it's also still listing the 25% off sale prices.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #780
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Metroplex has also changed to "Awaiting Inventory". I don't know if I should return it or not after I receive it, I got it for sale price at 104... but now I kind of prefer the US version over the Canadian.

It looks like TRU kept their promise, and we are all getting our preorders afterall. Man...I cannot imagine when I received all the preorders... lots of Soundwaves will be returning to TRU.

EDIT: Oh, yah, just received an Email from TRU.ca saying that my Metroplex is on backorder as well.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 09-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote