Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Sponsor News: Automaton Toys Prize Draw

Automation Toys brings us word of a special September prize draw! Full details in the topic - read on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	34625  

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime
Sponsor News: Automaton Toys prize draw

Hello everyone!

It’s been almost a full month since I have taken over the reins of Automaton Toys and I have to say it’s a real challenge to keep things rolling as smoothly as possible. I hope you are enjoying the changes made and stay tuned for more: in the next months, we’ll have more instock items, preorders and promotions...

Speaking of promotion, here is our first one: during the month of September everyone who likes and comments our facebook page will automatically be entered to win a Takara MP-21G Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee!

You don’t have to be a customer, you don’t have to buy anything: all you have to do is have a Canadian address, like our page and comment this publication:

https://www.facebook.com/Automaton-T...5077863957224/

The draw will take place on October 1st between everyone who has entered and we will announce the winner right here on cybertron.ca and on our facebook page.

Thanks for your continued support and good luck to everyone!

Jasmin

www.automatontoys.com

Last edited by AUTOMATON; 08-30-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: modifiy to fit in Facebook regulations
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
Hook
Machine War
Re: Sponsor News: Automaton Toys Prize Draw

Cool stuff! Good luck to everyone
Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

In order to help you avoid a nasty lawsuit, it's against the Facebook Terms Of Service to require sharing a post in order to gain entry into a promotion:

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

Quote:
3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (e.g. "share on your Timeline to enter" or "share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries" and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted).
This is not permitted. If you're going to have a give away, entry must be available without sharing or liking the post.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

i dont see a problem with any of it, so many youtubers and other sites do it as well. it does not mention "likes' or comments at all, i have no issues with shares as it gets more people into the contest if they see it.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

Thanks for the info Sir Prime A Lot. I admit I'm no lawyer but I think we are allright.

Point #3 states that promotions can be administered on Pages which is the case here. The Facebook page Automaton Toys used here is not a personnal/private one, though it is ''linked'' with my personnal page.

It does however remind me to specify that Facebook is not assosciated with this in any way.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jasmin

www.automatontoys.com
Old 08-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #7
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOMATON View Post
Thanks for the info Sir Prime A Lot. I admit I'm no lawyer but I think we are allright.

Point #3 states that promotions can be administered on Pages which is the case here. The Facebook page Automaton Toys used here is not a personnal/private one, though it is ''linked'' with my personnal page.

It does however remind me to specify that Facebook is not assosciated with this in any way.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jasmin
Point 3 is exactly the one I quoted above and is the one that directly states you are not allowed to do this.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #8
vwpbl
Generation 2

It seems like it is the "sharing" aspect that could get one in trouble. "Liking" or "commenting" would potentially be okay?
vwpbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #9
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpbl View Post
It seems like it is the "sharing" aspect that could get one in trouble. "Liking" or "commenting" would potentially be okay?
It appears so but the sharing is the one they want because it increases their page ranking with Google. Google's SEO algorithm places their page higher in search results based on how often their social media page is shared. That's the whole point of this and every other promotion, they want their website to appear near the top of Google search results when someone searches for where to buy their products online.

It would be the same as offering a prize to people that click on banner advertisements on your page because you want to get paid for all the clicks, and that would pay for the prize you're offering multiple times over. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're unaware it's against the rules so they don't lose customers from what could appear to be shady business practices.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

So, after a quick search on google/facebook, here is what I found:
It is permitted to ask to like and comment but not to share.

https://www.facebook.com/help/513248435437336

Hope I got it right this time! So thanks for the heads up Sir Prime A Lot!
And good luck to everyone! BB needs a new home :-)

www.automatontoys.com