Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Earthrise Voyager Starscream In-Hand Images

The new Earthrise Wave 1 Voyager has hit US shelves just a few hours ago, and now thanks to 2005 Boards member*ChotoLatte*we can share for you our first in-hand images of the new Earthrise Voyager Starscream mold. We have not only pics of the figure, but comparison shots next to the 2006 Deluxe Classics Starscream. The new Voyager mold sure takes inspiration from Deluxe Starscream, but the bigger size improves posability, sculpting, transformation and details. We are sure many fans will be pleased to add Starscream in this new and improved Voyager presentation for their collections. You can » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Earthrise Voyager Starscream In-Hand Images appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Transformers Earthrise Voyager Starscream In-Hand Images

I'm gonna say it. Unimpressed.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:33 AM   #3
protoform_ironhide
Commander

These photos don't really tell much. I just want to know where is the added new articulation. I only will get him if they have the other two seekers. I also agreed that it is not impressive.... only reason to get them is to replace the small classic ones.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Yeah, doesn't look as good as the Siege robot. It looks outdated. BUT, these will be fine enough coneheads.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Wasn't a tetrajet fan, and don't have a CHUG/PrimeWars Starscream at all - I will prob pick this up, looks decent enough, but we'll see
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
JonoPrime
Robot Master

While Siege had some great takes on the bots, I'm just not feeling as excited for the Earthrise waves. ... There's a couple being released later on that look decent enough and may pick up on sale though.

But with the price hike (even as minimal as it may be, coupled with last years price hike), poor distribution (of some, not all bots however) and QC not quite being up to par (1 out of every 3 bots I picked up last year required some form of work being done before being "play ready") I feel that I'll be more cost conscience of where I chose to spend my money now.

Last edited by JonoPrime; 02-04-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: .
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Seems like a decent take on Starscream, but I already have a decent take on Starscream in the form of the Universe'08 redeco of the Classics mould.

This looks like another case like Wheeljack's where we get a good toy of a character who's already had a good toy, so there's no need to replace it. Still, it'll be good for people who've started their collections more recently or who insist on having Starscream in a larger size-class.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #8
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Seems like a decent take on Starscream, but I already have a decent take on Starscream in the form of the Universe'08 redeco of the Classics mould.
As well as MP versions that are probably around the same height as Earthrise. I am also unimpressed with this line. Curious about Scorponok and Skylynx but that's about it. Even Prime isn't getting me interested and I have a long shelf of just optimusesesese
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote