Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #91
justprime
Animated
Re: Price hike for 2020?

One thing for 3rd /4th party to charge there prices for in most cases well made small production run pieces that fill a nich that hasbro will never fill....hasbro keeps rehashing or restarting lines without or waiting years to continue on the mp line for instance is all over the map,lazy engineering and poor qc issues as well asthe current hollows and ridiculous prices are giving third party a solid foot hold and my money
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #92
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
Just because your Walmarts don't have that clearance doesn't mean it's not a good clearance. The last time we had 50% or more was around the time Combiner Wars Leaders going for 20$ instead of $59.99. So it does count.
Not "we". "some of us". Only certain stores. Doesn't count.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #93
Marcotron
Robot Master

I saw the clearance bots at Walmart at Bathurst and Centre last week. I didn't buy any, because, I didn't absolutely need any of the ones on the shelf. They had a bunch of Apefaces, but I passed. They had an astrotrain too, but I don't like this one any more than the Titan's return figure (which I passed on too).
I went back last night, and there was nothing left. In fact, the store is being re-arranged, and there is currently 1 peg of studio series, and 1 peg of the g1 mini bots. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.
Looking ahead, I cannot believe that I will question whether I should spend $35 on a siege Cliffjumper that's literally the size and complexity of a legends class figure. I will stand there and look at the shelf, and say, no.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #94
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Not "we". "some of us". Only certain stores. Doesn't count.
Well I enjoyed 50% off Siege Shockwave. What a good clearance price!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #95
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Or at the very least not use a dozen of those stringy plastic devil’s handcuffs to strap every conceivable part of the toy to the plastic clamshell.
Exactly. Do what they're already doing with Marvel Legends and Black Series, and just have the shell grip the figure instead.

Or use front and back clamshells, but that would go against their initiative to minimize plastic in packaging over the next few years.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #96
Pascal
Banned

Sure enough, Leaders (Asstrotrain and Ultra Magnus) were $39 today, but not advertised as such on the shelf. D'OH!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:21 AM   #97
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Looking ahead, I cannot believe that I will question whether I should spend $35 on a siege Cliffjumper that's literally the size and complexity of a legends class figure. I will stand there and look at the shelf, and say, no.
It is as complex as a deluxe figure, same parts count and articulation too.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #98
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Agreed. Now that Hasbro is pretending like they care about scale and using it as an excuse to bleed us dry, I feel like a figure’s worth is going to be a hard case-by-case issue for me. I like CJ, I do, and I’m happy for those excited for him, but there is absolutely zero chance I spend even the current $30 on that.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote