Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
joshimus
Metroplex
My review of Cyberverse Prime toys

Ok, so I pretty much picked up most of them yesterday. Only ones I didnt grab were Vehicon and Cliffjumper cause I dont care enough. Kinda nice having all my main autobots in legends form and need Deluxe Ratchet still.

So here's my brief review. Start with the small ones:

BB: Ok, so much like the BB of legends past, he's really not far different in terms of transformation. He's cute and his transformation is easy and quick and kinda fun actually. If you liked the movie legends Bee, this one is pretty much the same. Only down side is no knee articulation.

Arcee: Ok, so she's small which is kind of the point. Her transformation is actually kinda neat, nothing crazy or hard, but neat. Her backpack on mine falls off all the time. QC issue right there. That said for the size and stuff, not bad. Not great but not bad

Ratchet: Being one of the smaller ones, he's pretty decent. Transformation is as simple as it looks. Again, nothing special but not bad.

Bulkhead: For a commander class, he's pretty neat. I like his look and design, his transformation is a bit annoying but not hard or complicated, just annoying to me. Overall he's a pretty neat little figure

Prime: Prime is a pretty neat figure as well. His transformation is a bit complex but not in a difficult way. His legs split (front part is cab back is back of truck...or is it the other way around) Anyway, his arms fold to make his cab sides and his shoulderpads form the windbreaker for the cab. His head can be see from the back. Overall I like him.

Megatron: Oh man, FAIL on the cybertronian ship mode. He looks TERRIBLE in vehicle mode. His head is in full view, his shoulders are in full view. his legs are his obvious wings. It's like they didnt even try to make him work. The only thing they did was the 2 chest parts seperate like both Deluxe and Voyager. So his transformation is really...dumb. His vehicle mode is DUMB. However his robot mode is pretty nice. One thing I dont like is his arm weapon is on a balljoint. It just rotates to work for vehicle mode but it is a bit offset instead of centred.So the ball is on the side of the gun not the middle, which makes his gun pointing at you look "off" to me. However he's pretty neat as a robot.

Starscream: Kind of terrible and kind of neat all at once. His robot mode arms look weird with the front half of his jet attached to them. His wings fold in a way that is less cool than the FE deluxe. That aside I still like the figure. His transformation isn't too difficult either and looks decent all things considered. It's far better than the legends DOTM Starscream but not as neat as the G1 Legends Starscream.

Weapons:
Arce and BB share the same weapon. It is a soft pinkish rubber and I hate it.
Bulkhead has something similar to his giant ball arm thing. Nothing special, I personally think it is too small.
Ratchets sword is awesome. I wish he had two.
Primes guns, has two and they are cool.
Megatron has his sword, again, pretty cool.
Starscream has two missle....things. They suck.

As far as weapons go, Ratchet, Megatron and Prime got the best ones for the ones i own. I dont like this soft rubber nonsense.
As far as recomendation goes, none are really "need to have" but rather "I dont mind having". Prime is nice, Bulkhead is nice, Megatrons robot mode is nice, Screamer is ok. BB, Rathcet and Arcee are...okish.
I'll post pics if I get a chance to later tonight. Otherwise not till tomorrow night.

Last edited by joshimus; 04-10-2012 at 11:41 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: My review of Cyberverse Prime toys

Starscream's weapons are the blasters he uses on the show, only reason I'd get a cyberverse

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex

The SS weapons are hardly anything special imo.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Not shown in the instructions, but you can detach SS's forearms from the plane halves (which will become arm kibble).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
joshimus
Metroplex

That might be interesting. I'll try that when I get home tonight. His jet halves are a tad distracting.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Orchix
Generation 1

finding alternate uses for cyberverse SS weapons:
Orchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Bulkhead is by far my favorite. My one issue with him is that he's hollow when you look at him from the rear. Otherwise I thought they did a great job with the toy. Megs is also good except for his head being so visible in alt mode.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
Plainsjumper
Machine War

Cliffjumper is a good one. Ball joints at the shoulders and elbows, plus joints at the knees.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
Cliffjumper is a good one. Ball joints at the shoulders and elbows, plus joints at the knees.
Agreed. He is by far the most articulated of the Legion class figs.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Cyberverse Cliffjumper is the best TFP Cliffjumper they've made.