Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2020, 10:57 AM   #81
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
get the weapons pack with the repaint brunt.
Roller in there lol.
They put all the stuff that should have just come with the figures in this selects pack. I guess at this point, it's in for a penny, in for a pound.

The seekers look great. I haven't gotten any myself, but if I end up ever selling my classics deluxes, I'll go out and get these earthrise voyagers. It's basically the same engineering, but bigger and a little better.

So far, my only Earthrise purchase has been Hoist because he seemed like a decent sized deluxe. Cliffjumper on the other hand...
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:40 PM   #82
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I have a high appreciation for the Scorponok box designer causing heart attacks when there's a cut-out for his head but it isn't there when you open the box. Tiny hip cardboard box head = check! LOL

I still have no clue where the purple color piece is supposed to go other than a neck guard in scorpion mode... it was rattling around in the head gap area when I opened the box (I would've thought it would go with the head?).

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 09-10-2020 at 07:26 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #83
ngnaw
Armada

So I just wanted to throw this out there after watching a few videos on youtube about some of the Earthrise figures.

I was already a little pissed about how they bundled mainline figures and made them exclusives etc etc. But I was more annoyed that I got Siege figures of certain characters and they re-release them with their proper alt modes! You know who i'm referring to. But I have to say, I won't let it annoy me cause the figures I got are awesome.

Skylynx is awesome. The seekers are awesome. Hoist, Grapple and Wheeljack are awesome!

Then i'm like damn it I have to get Ironhide/Prowl set, I have to get Smokescreen, Bluestreak and Ratchet set... So off I went looking at the reviews on youtube. They look super good in robot mode but then transforming them to car mode looks brutal! The datsun brothers, my god the mold or something on each video I see have the same tabbing problem and nothing seems to mesh properly. I go and see my Siege Smokescreen, Prowl and Bluestreak and they look smooth and neat! Slimlined. So I have a feeling I'm not getting the Earthrise versions... I already have the MPs of them in proper alt mode. Siege versions are at least different. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 10-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #84
protoform_ironhide
Commander

The alt mode on Earthrise Ironhide/Ratchet does bother me a bit, but it is what it is. I’ll take them. I already got siege version for both, but it’s okay.... Now the thing is when will Amazon.ca send me the damn figure!
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:41 PM   #85
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Are Scorponok's shoulder ratchets supposed to be weak on the forward/backward rotation? My copy holds once posed, but will droop if you tap the arm hard enough (although not as severe as some Twitter videos I've seen).

The calf pieces are also developing stress marks when I tab them for the shield's back half, and the round pegs on his collar piece too. Think I may need to remove the collar before the head.

Guy's a big boy and a worthy update over his G1 self otherwise.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #86
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Now the thing is when will Amazon.ca send me the damn figure!
Exactly, I'm loving the whole line but I'm absolutely hating the distribution.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 PM   #87
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Its a great line that made this long time fan a collector. I also gotta say... the more i mess with the Siege shockwave the more i like it.

Last edited by Ransak The Elder; 10-07-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #88
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I bought Starscream and... man... if I had a little more disposable income at the moment (i.e. not moving) I think I would have been tempted by the Skywarp/Thundercracker two-pack. It's just THAT good of a mold!

He's big, he feels solid in hand, nothing's wobbly in either mode, the jet is beautiful, the transformation is simple but fun, the robot mode is great... I only ever got one classic Seeker (Thundercracker) so I wouldn't be doubling down on anything (I do have all three WFC/FOC seekers).

But I might go for the Thrust/Ramjet one later? Who knows.

Exhaust is also a great figure! Mine feels a little loose in parts though, but it all tabs in properly in car mode.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #89
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Decided to appreciate Slitherfang in another "universe"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Commander Pulse Exclusive (127).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	47519  
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #90
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Its a great line that made this long time fan a collector. I also gotta say... the more i mess with the Siege shockwave the more i like it.
Siege Shockwave is a TREMENDOUS voyager figure.

It should have been sold as such, not thirty bucks more as a leader.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote