Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #51
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Transformers Deluxes & Voyagers on Sale at Toys R Us Canada March 9-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
this will not include RID figures...since they are not "voyager" or "deluxes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
The thing is in theory I like it. I watched a few reviews and I thought 'its cool! I want it!' but whenever I look at it in the box it looks just... SO... DULL!! No colour nothing. And spindly and destitute.

Oh well, I got Rokusho to scratch my cape itch now.
Rokusho!!!

Getting back to Megatron though, I've found that most of em look shitty in the box because of how badly posed they are. That's why images & videos help me a lot usually, so maybe there's still hope for you when it comes to the DOTM Megs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #52
OptimusNIXX
Generation 2

I wonder why the TFP RID are referred as Revealers and Powersizers when they are not even marked on the box. Still showing Deluxe and Voyagers I think...

The other thing... I believe Canada probably has the cheapest new TF toys in the world... because we frequently get sale even though the original prices are marked up substantially... I mean, even new toys were on sale... back in X'Mas, all TFP FE toys were like 30% off... the deluxe was like $5.97 or something like that... I don't think you can get them that cheap anywhere, not even in Asia... and now the TFP RID toys, they are on sale for like twice already ($11.87 two weeks ago when they were just released and now $10)...

That's just unbelievable... these kinna prices are usually for clearance items, and probably at the outlet or Winners stores... but they are usually for toys released more than a year... how luck we are!!!
OptimusNIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #53
Orchix
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusNIXX View Post
I wonder why the TFP RID are referred as Revealers and Powersizers when they are not even marked on the box. Still showing Deluxe and Voyagers I think...

The other thing... I believe Canada probably has the cheapest new TF toys in the world... because we frequently get sale even though the original prices are marked up substantially... I mean, even new toys were on sale... back in X'Mas, all TFP FE toys were like 30% off... the deluxe was like $5.97 or something like that... I don't think you can get them that cheap anywhere, not even in Asia... and now the TFP RID toys, they are on sale for like twice already ($11.87 two weeks ago when they were just released and now $10)...

That's just unbelievable... these kinna prices are usually for clearance items, and probably at the outlet or Winners stores... but they are usually for toys released more than a year... how luck we are!!!
Yeah I agree, I've managed to fill out my collection entirely with on sale items and kjiji items since this summer (well except for the dlx Brawl i bought at full price). But its really been a great time to be a Transformers fan, way better than when I was collecting Gundams and shipping them over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Rokusho!!!

Getting back to Megatron though, I've found that most of em look shitty in the box because of how badly posed they are. That's why images & videos help me a lot usually, so maybe there's still hope for you when it comes to the DOTM Megs?
I agree, once you get him out of the box and start playing around with him, DOTM Megs is a good figure, one of the better DOTM Voyagers (not a high bar to reach lol). I have him and the ROTF Megs, and although I like the ROTF Voyager more, the DOTM one is a good one to get for $15.
Orchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #54
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Rokusho!!!
D-Arts Rokusho is FRICKIN' AWESUM

Quote:
I just think it looks too boring, it has like brownish and unpainted gray -.-
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #55
Crossfire034
Plane fanatic.

Seeing as the nearest TRU is an hour and a half away, I'm confined to the online store...which carries virtually nothing. Although they do have the "Rage over Cybertron" giftset on sale for $35. I've already got the regular WFC Megs, so I'm wondering this is worth it for Prime and Bee.

Edit: On second thought, I could turn the Megatron into a Galvatron. Colours sorta fit.

Last edited by Crossfire034; 03-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #56
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Well, you could always try & group buy it with others in your area. If you find someone who even wants one, you can split it 3 ways & have each figure be like 12-13 bucks.

Also to Undrave, that Rokushi really is AWESUM.

Quote:

Last edited by Nomad; 03-11-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #57
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

What is the SKU for the Prime voyagers?
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #58
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

326372 - That's what shows up on the receipt, and should link from both voyager Optimus & Voyager Bulkhead.

Then when it comes to the actual UPC..

Prime - 653569687382
Bulkhead - 653569687375

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #59
Kujo1597
Generation 2

All the Prime figures were on sale except for maybe the entertainment pack. I was tempted to pick up PRiD Cliffjumper but I didn't because I have the FE toy. There were two Starscreams several Bumblebees, and I think Arcee was there too...

They also had a few Darksteels and Cyberfire Bublebees which is awesome if I didn't already have them. I'll have to tell my friend about it. He's expressed interest in Darksteel.

I ended up coming home with Voyager Skyhammer and Fireburst Optimus Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire034 View Post
Seeing as the nearest TRU is an hour and a half away, I'm confined to the online store...which carries virtually nothing. Although they do have the "Rage over Cybertron" giftset on sale for $35. I've already got the regular WFC Megs, so I'm wondering this is worth it for Prime and Bee.

Edit: On second thought, I could turn the Megatron into a Galvatron. Colours sorta fit.
The deco for Optimus in there is really awesome. Although mine has some stress marks on his pins from transforming him a few times. Either I'm stupid or that plastic is a bit brittle. Or maybe a bit of both.

I like the Bumblebee too but be warned that the instructions are completely useless. He's not as fat as he looks in pictures but he is still kind of fat. I prefer the blue detailing over the red stuff the regular release had.

The Megatron looks really really purple. Purple is my favourite colour so I dig it.

Last edited by Kujo1597; 03-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Kujo1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #60
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Skyhammer is a great figure and at 15$ totally worth it.

They had Darksteel when I went to TRU too but the only two they had were afflicted with some terrible scratches on their teal paint apps >< it was just...bleh!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote