Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2023, 05:41 PM   #6971
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

My nova prime shipped from .COM on the 8th and is supposed to be here tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it! He makes that cybertron prime body look good!
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:06 AM   #6972
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Nova Prime currently showing as IN STOCK on .ca with delivery tomorrow (for me, located in ON, have Prime).

There was no activity on my pre-order for him so I ordered another one for delivery tomorrow and cancelled my pre-order.

?\_(ツ)_/?
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 11:17 AM   #6973
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Nova Prime currently showing as IN STOCK on .ca with delivery tomorrow (for me, located in ON, have Prime).

There was no activity on my pre-order for him so I ordered another one for delivery tomorrow and cancelled my pre-order.

?\_(ツ)_/?
I was literally getting on just to say this

Noticed the .ca listing for NovaP indicates "ships tomorrow"
Click on the listing "u already ordered this guy on July 21st"
Click on order details "arriving Wed Oct 4"

wtf???

Unless the whole "ships tomorrow" is a lie
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:20 PM   #6974
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I was literally getting on just to say this

Noticed the .ca listing for NovaP indicates "ships tomorrow"
Click on the listing "u already ordered this guy on July 21st"
Click on order details "arriving Wed Oct 4"

wtf???

Unless the whole "ships tomorrow" is a lie
It's frequently a lie. I had a book on order for a year. It still never shipped and it has been in stock for over a month or two. I finally noticed so I cancelled and re-ordered.

I was even getting e-mails "sorry it's still not sure when it will come out" even though it was out!

If there's no price different, cancel and re-order if it's in stock makes more sense...

I got my .COM Nova Prime earlier this week. It looks pretty sweet in robot mode with those crazy wings. The truck mode is still iffy like the Optimus version, which I sold, so I'm glad to have a cool looking Nova Prime
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:04 PM   #6975
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah I was fiddling with my Nova Prime trying to make the alt mode look cooler and mess like Galaxy Prime, there is really not much you can do lol. Still looks awesome in bot mode though!
Old 09-14-2023, 02:53 PM   #6976
imfallenangel
Cybertron

After checking the .com for the VS fembot set, I found that it came out to about the same price (actually cheaper I believe), I decided to cancel my .ca order and went with .com.

Just received it! (also did the same with Nacelle and it shipped together).

No mold issues with Nacelle as some US fans have found on theirs (literal "mold" aka fungus), so that's great.

Kascade is spiffy and as good as the Chromia mold can be.

The Javelin has better legs than my Arcee, but the chest/head section is crap and doesn't want to snap together and hold. I had to file a tab that wouldn't go in the slop inside (the two tabs part that's internal) and that helped, but the larger back part and the neck part doesn't tab in solidly.

My Nacelle is fine, typical for the mold, with just one wing that's a bit loose.

Aside that, esthetics wise, all three figures are great.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:52 AM   #6977
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:

?\_(ツ)_/?
Little update: they did indeed ship me the newly ordered Nova Prime from .ca and it got here yesterday.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 10:13 AM   #6978
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:

?\_(ツ)_/?
It happened to me twice and one of the time, it took almost 9 months to ship an item that was in stock for 8 of those 9 months.

I have talked to Amazon's CS and they told me the reason behind this: when you order something that is not in stock, the system will attribute your order to the closest fulfillment centre that should be receiving that item, so when another fulfillment centre get the item, your order still won't be fulfilled until your fulfillment centre gets it. They won't reattribute for you if you ask. The only way is to wait or cancel and reorder and when you reorder, the system will of course attribute your order to a fulfillment centre that has it in stock, even if they are on the other side of the country.

It makes sense for them to attribute it to somewhere close to your adresse to limit the traveling cost and pollution and it will work for stuff that every centre gets often, but for collectibles, there's a bigger risk to get cancelled if they decided that they won't get more so waiting is not always an option.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 03:12 PM   #6979
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I wonder if they're also doing this to weasel out of price guarantees. So they can just cancel your order down the line instead of honoring the price. I don't know if .ca even does price guarantees though.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:56 PM   #6980
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I wonder if they're also doing this to weasel out of price guarantees. So they can just cancel your order down the line instead of honoring the price. I don't know if .ca even does price guarantees though.
The preorder was the same price as the current price, so it's not that. It's a more boring reason. The original orders are showing up as third party listings on Amazon.ca's end. You won't see it, but that is how they see it, its a glitch. I do not know if it will get fixed later, but it means that for now, Nova Prime preorders won't ship out.

If anyone wants their Nova Primes, cancel your preorders and repurchase the figure.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote