Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2021, 07:52 PM   #331
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

There's a new 1 star review where a guy hasn't received a preorder from December 2019 and nobody will respond to his emails. A really level headed, reasonable review. In usual form, that bell-end leaves a multi paragraph, snarky reply telling the guy giving a 1 star review and 'slandering' the company in an attempt to "jump the queue" won't be accepted.... jumping the queue for a year and a half old order lol
What a clueless clown
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:55 PM   #332
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
There's a new 1 star review where a guy hasn't received a preorder from December 2019 and nobody will respond to his emails. A really level headed, reasonable review. In usual form, that bell-end leaves a multi paragraph, snarky reply telling the guy giving a 1 star review and 'slandering' the company in an attempt to "jump the queue" won't be accepted.... jumping the queue for a year and a half old order lol
What a clueless clown
Guy has a lot of time to write lengthy missives but not deal with his actual customer queue.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:16 PM   #333
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Guy has a lot of time to write lengthy missives but not deal with his actual customer queue.
He doesn't care about people whose money he already has, but needs to protect himself for the people whose money he hasn't taken yet
Old 04-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #334
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
He doesn't care about people whose money he already has, but needs to protect himself for the people whose money he hasn't taken yet
This 100%. It's all a scam.

I'm going to contact my CC company again and let them have it as well. They only gave me 100 days of buyer protection and that's it. If BMO is your bank and you're having an issue with NMC, you'd better get it sorted right away.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:53 PM   #335
hiphoffanonymous
Generation 1

Glad i saw this I was about to order from them

Last edited by hiphoffanonymous; 04-30-2021 at 08:56 PM.
hiphoffanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #336
underdogg
Generation 1

I too fell for buying Transformers from this website. Ordered Blurr, Jazz, and Kup, back in February. Sent emails requesting updates, got the usual we are trying to get order to you, supplier issues. Decideded to call credit card and let them know about not receiving my transformers, she made me laugh calling them dolls, she filled all paperwork to dispute claim, waiting on resolution up to a month she said. Can NMC take action against me for going this route to my credit card for a refund.
underdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:46 PM   #337
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdoggyz View Post
Can NMC take action against me for going this route to my credit card for a refund.
Yes, if by action you mean can he send you a spite filled email and ban you from his site. Apart from that, no. He's 100% in the wrong
Old 04-30-2021, 10:35 PM   #338
Robbler
Machine War

Kinda wanna cancel my preorder but I don't like this "we reserve the right to charge a 5% cancellation fee" what.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:20 AM   #339
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Kinda wanna cancel my preorder but I don't like this "we reserve the right to charge a 5% cancellation fee" what.
I would assume so.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:45 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:08 AM   #340
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
I would assume if he pulls a cancellation fee you can file a dispute from what I have read here. He can’t claim it as a real thing.
I wouldn't be so sure. I can't be certain but I think he's within his right to charge a cancellation fee for pre-orders as long as he is up front about it before you make the transaction (which, for all the other problems in his communication and the lack of straightforward information on his storefront, he is indeed up front about there being a 5% cancellation fee if you walk away from a pre-order). Personally I would think that the fair option would be to allow people out of pre-order agreements with no charge up to the point that the goods start coming in and orders are prepped to be fulfilled, but it's sometimes a wide gap between what's fair and what's legally obligated.

Also the people who are getting full refunds via charge disputes with paypal/their credit cards are doing it for failure of delivery (making the seller the one who is breaking the contract). It may very well be different if you're cancelling a pre-order that has yet to even reach the point of potential sale (where you as the buyer are the one breaking the contract.)

I'm not saying he deserves the money, but that it might not be as easy as assuming he can't charge cancellation fees and that anyone must be entitled to getting all of their money back for walking out on an order for any reason.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 05-01-2021 at 02:14 AM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote