Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: DC Universe Online

Can you have the Flash as a mentor? =p Silly question.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Not yet ...hopefully with the upcoming dlc.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #13
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Managed to play for a couple hours last night. I picked up the Green Lantern pack and made a Lantern Reservist.

Been fun so far, Gorilla Grodd is causing trouble so I'm working on a few missions about that. One is annoying me, I can't seem to find the teleporters. There are things on the ground that I thought were, but when I destroy them they don't seem to count.

Seems to be lots of people around. To the point that when I needed to take down specific apes there was competition.

I'm slightly annoyed by the gear, I picked up some pieces and tried them on. But when I took them off my original appearance didn't return. Specifically the cape. I had a split one in creation. And tried on one I found, which was normal. But when I took it off I no longer had a split one anymore.

Having the brightly glowing ring on my hand is cool, and the light construct stuff is cool so far. I picked up boxing gloves and claws. I'm thinking that the gloves may have been a mistake. And I should have continued down the tree with the claws. It's only one point I guess.

Playing with the controller is nice, being a MMO Action game similar to City of Heroes it plays well with a controller. But from what I read it was aimed at the PS3 first anyway.

Certainly worth checking out.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

on the menu bar go to "style" (the second section) there is an option there where you can "lock" the appearance of your whole character or just certain items. this way when you get new items you can make it that your characters look doesnt change. you can also change the colour of your character again from this menu section...you can make him a "green" lantern if he wasnt originally green. you can respec after a certain level for like 500 cash. I wouldnt do it too often though.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #15
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

it's a good game! my character is lvl 7 and my mentor is Wonder Woman. if it wasn't for the lag and long login queues I'd be at a higher level. still a great game though!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #16
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

It looks like things are about to get up to speed in "DC Universe Online," as Sony Online Entertainment has announced a Flash-centric downloadable expansion for the popular multiplayer game.
Titled "Lightning Strikes," the expansion will feature the fastest man alive, while introducing a variety of new electricity-based superpowers to the game.
"In this DLC pack, fans have the opportunity to immerse themselves in another great character and action-packed story from the DC Universe," said Jens Andersen, Creative Director for "DC Universe," who spoke with CBR News and the media during a conferencecall. "With exciting gameplay, a new power set and new locations to share with your friends, we packed a whole new kind of fun into this DLC pack, and are eager for our players to dive into another legendary adventure."
The pack will introduce the classic DC Universe locale Central City to the DCU's online incarnation while adding modifications to both Gotham City and Metropolis, providing new areas for players to check out during both multiple solo and group missions. In addition, A Flash Museum Duo will also be accessible, giving gamers the ability to visit it both in the present and the past, with the option to experience the moment where Barry Allen became the Flash. They'll also be able to fight foes alongside the scarlet speedster within the Central City Police Station.
And The Flash isn't the only one joining the party. The character sports one of the most colorful rogues galleries in comics, and some of the Rogues will be making their first appearances in the "DC Universe Online" world as bounties, including the Top, Trickster, the Pied Piper and others, along with heroes Static and Black Lightning. With the update, you'll have the option of hunting specific bounties depending if whether or not you play as a hero or villain. Additional bounties will be "inspired" by other areas of the DC Universe, with a number of new options.
Also part of this upgrade pack are a selection of new Electricity Powers. You'll be able to enable this set into your own move list, powering-up your character with techniques like the Tesla Ball, which creates a fireball-like projectile attack that fries anyone that touches it; and the Ionic Drain, which saps energy from surrounding objects to replenish a player's health, as it does damage to others.
Additional gear will also be available, including costume sets for heroes and villains alike. Good guys can dress up in Black Lightning duds, while baddies can take advantage of the new Professor Zoom gear.
"Lightning Strikes" does not yet have a specific release date, but it will be available before year's end. For Legendary-subscription players, it's free of charge, but those on the free-to-play or Premium memberships will need to pay $9.99. It will be released for both PC and PlayStation 3 simultaneously.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #17
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Here is my main character, TheMimic. Post pics of your characters here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc universe mimic.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	12377  
Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #18
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Lately it seems like every time I get some time to play the PSN seems to be down for maintenance =(

I was going to play this morning, but I had to play Skylanders instead.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Here are some of my other characters for DC Universe Online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TheMimic Exiles.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	12458   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Mimic earth 616.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	12459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	12460   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanos of Titan.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	12461  
Old 11-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I intend to install it once I have enough HD space to support it. As it is, I only have like 50 gigs free, pushing the envelope a little too far.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote