Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 04-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #591
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Customizing Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
Is there anyway to tighten Cybertron Optimus' hips? Or Wing Saber's?
I just dug these guys out and I'm surprised at how loose the hips are, and how topheavy (especially combined).

I could try a few things, but they most likely would involve disassembly and kragle. And lots of swearing.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:46 AM   #592
Deception
Crossover

does anyone know where to find 90degree 5mm pegs? preferably male to female.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #593
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
does anyone know where to find 90degree 5mm pegs? preferably male to female.
For TR Galvatron? There's a file on Thingiverse to mount the cannon better. I use it, and it works great.

Other than that, I think there were some parts like that used in the Construct-a-bot series.

There is a part that might do it in Lego, though I'm not sure of the measurements.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #594
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

Anyone know how to remove the wheel sections on the back of TLK Voyager Optimus' legs? Are there screws behind the wheels?
Old 05-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #595
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

Weird question. Anyone know a figure whose arms can fit in place of the arms from '07 Deluxe Barricade?
Old 11-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #596
Powered Convoy

I picked up a 35th Anniversary Siege Megatron (animation deco) and want to paint his helmet black so that he looks like the original Marvel Comics Megatron. Any tips? Is Warhammer paint good? I'm really terrible at modelling and customizing, so the simpler the better
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #597
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
I picked up a 35th Anniversary Siege Megatron (animation deco) and want to paint his helmet black so that he looks like the original Marvel Comics Megatron. Any tips? Is Warhammer paint good? I'm really terrible at modelling and customizing, so the simpler the better
If you can remove the head and mask off the area you don’t wanted painted, krylon fusion for plastic would likely be a good option.

Light coats, with like 30 minutes between each coat should work ok iirc. Might be good to practice on something else first for best result.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #598
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Got a question. Due to a mix up quite a while ago, I ended up now having 2 MP-36 KO's, and now a real 36. I was considering removing the one pin to the last joint on each chain to make a very long chain, but the pin isn't really moving and I don't want to break it as I want this to be reversible if needed. Right now it's in the fridge to try to slightly shrink the metal, but I don't want to try the freezer due to hearing that clear plastic is more fragile than regular plastic.

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, also, as I've heard this mentioned in other threads, no I don't own a "centre hole punch" whatever the heck that is.

Thanks!

Edit: Also I don't know what WD40 does to clear plastic.

Last edited by Darkmatter; 12-31-2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: I edit because I forget things.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #599
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Got a question. Due to a mix up quite a while ago, I ended up now having 2 MP-36 KO's, and now a real 36. I was considering removing the one pin to the last joint on each chain to make a very long chain, but the pin isn't really moving and I don't want to break it as I want this to be reversible if needed. Right now it's in the fridge to try to slightly shrink the metal, but I don't want to try the freezer due to hearing that clear plastic is more fragile than regular plastic.

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, also, as I've heard this mentioned in other threads, no I don't own a "centre hole punch" whatever the heck that is.

Thanks!

Edit: Also I don't know what WD40 does to clear plastic.
It’s a Pin Punch, which you can find at places like Lowe’s it even Lee Valley. It’s a spring loaded punch that you press down on to activate. I wouldn’t recommend using it on such thin plastic though, especially clear. There’s a lot of power behind such a little spring. You can get regular punches though, which are just a solid piece of metal with a small end usually used for marking or pushing in finishing nails.

I’d recommend using Shock oil lubricant over WD40.
Endlessdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #600
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks I'll look for a manual one.

I take it that putting the thing in the freezer probably wouldn't be a good idea due to how clear plastic is more fragile to begin with?

It's to bad they didn't put these things on ball joints. You could get some really neat spirals going if they had.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote