Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #21
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Walmart.ca listings for TFs are way overpriced

I have seen the G1 Devastator sets quite a few times last year around Aug/Sep time frame (I could be wrong but shouldn’t be that far off) at various Walmart in Toronto east end. They were stocked with these on and off for at least a month or so! All the ones I went to have at least 2 cases at any given point in time. As the owner of 2 loose original G1 sets I didn’t plan to get it (I also skipped the Encore version which this is based on) but eventually I caved in. I don’t think they worth $99 but then it is nice to have a MISB even though it is not the same as the original. And then they were suddenly gone for good. There are now sightings that the set is on clearance at some Walmarts in the States for slightly less than 50% of US MSRP. Similar for Starscream. Now, only Hot Rod can be found in abandon (and the 4 minicars but these are from the recent restock).

I have no problem with these “marketplace sellers”: I just choose to ignore them. I only purchased things that are sold and shipped by Walmart/Amazon/Bestbuy/etc. You just have to be careful before putting anything in the cart.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote