Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #31
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: HASBRO vs. TAKARA opinions?

I read a few comments regarding cost the cost of takara stuff but it doesn't have to be unreasonably expensive if you don't want it to be.

For me the cost for me upgrading my collection has been very minimal and the price of what I've paid out is for what I have in my collection both Takara and Hasbro I have worked hard to maximize. For example the three '07 Movie Leader figures I have I've paid only $100 total and all three have came MISB, the Costco Prime came with two legends, I got the Premium Megs on clearance for $25 and Brawl two weeks ago for $30. Same goes for some of my Henkei figures, last year at TFcon I nabbed 4 figures MISB for $90 not too bad for imported figures and the going rate for most Henkei's.

Part of what got me on the Takara kick was Universe Smokescreen, up until that point I wasn't concerned too much about the paint differences of Hasbro and Takara and felt both sides were pretty even until that point. But I actually felt offended by the colour scheme being passed to us on Smokescreen, I really didn't like it and felt it didn't really represent the character the way I wanted it too and I'm no artist so I wasn't going to be making my own.

If I can get a Henkei or United deluxe for $7 more than a hasbro version for regular price at retail, I'll take it, it's not that bad a price for something I'll enjoy the rest of my life. More than anything I'm not a fan of putting my money into something that I really don't care for or will turn my back on later.

Not every thing takara does is perfect but I see the care and effort put forth by them for what they put out and I appreciate it. For me I feel they care for character representation they produce and I care for what I'm collecting and putting in my collection. It's a match made in heaven for me and I'm happy there is an alternative for when I don't want a Hasbro version.

Peace out, TF 4 Life!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #32
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Takara makes some pretty nice toys, if I can get them on the cheap I do, if not I'm quite happy with the Hasbro versions.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #33
fishtifer
Machine War

I'm glad this thread was started, I don't have any United figures yet, just the Hasbro. For me, most of the Henkei figures were better than the Classic but I made few mistake purchases like Bumblebee (looks friendly compared to Hasbro), Jetfire (looks plain compared to Hasbro) and Ironhide (is it the grey parts that look bad compared to the black parts?).

Now I'm loving my Hasbro Jazz, Wheeljack, Kup, etc but I'm wondering are the United versions better for these ultimate figures? Jazz could use a little more detail, Kups face mould is weird to me, Wheeljack is awesome but his eyes should be blue... I'd like to see some United figures in specialty stores in person first I think. General Tekno's United Megatron blue my socks off, my Henkei Megatron looks terrible now!
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote