Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Quick question on classics skywarp pricing

No offense taken. Each collector has their own price range.
It's just that some collectors (or rather, newer collectors) need to do more research when interested in the older toys. Just because it's selling for a few hundred on ebay doesn't mean it's sold at half price or less on a message board. There's just no logic in that.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #12
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by obakemono View Post
I appreciate everyones input, I payed a mint for the 2-pack but really I just wanted the ultra magnus, so I don't have an emotional attachment to the skywarp, and I don't want over charge someone, I know how expensive this hobby can be and how infuriating searching for an elusive TF can be (damn you reasonably priced united jazz). In a perfect world I'd just trade it for somthing I need and every one wins. thanks to every one who is throwing in their two cents, I think I'm getting a better idea of what it's value is.
I'd say get decent market value for your figure don't sell yourself out from what you paid for the two pack or you make the Ultra Magnus that much more expensive, our hobby is an emotional as it is financial investment and emotion is what drives the prices up or down. I think you can flip that Skywarp for a United Jazz and it would be a fair trade Now to find someone who wants a Skywarp who has a United Jazz to trade, now that's the trick.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I'm not sure what do you mean by "personally don't access prices as most people do".
Perhaps Vain meant to ues the word assess??? The sentence makes more sense in that context.

Personally I say sell it for whatever you can get it for reasonably... If someone is willing to pay 40$ then sell it at that price. During TRUs sale I pickup up a second commemorative series Sideswipe and sold it on e-bay due to his in demand nature and got a fair chunk of change for it. I wasn't emotionally scarred or anything.

Of course I don't regularily do this sort of thing, I was only interested in getting more spending money for more TFs.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't help out a fellow collector if I had the opportunity. It all depends on what you want to do in the end run. Each of us will have different opinions.

I personally couldn't part with a seeker like that, mostly because I really dig the characters/molds. But that's just me.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Perhaps Vain meant to ues the word assess??? The sentence makes more sense in that context.
Oh geez, how did I not catch on to that typo. Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for clearing that up!

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
Dagger
AKA Oblivatron
Send a message via MSN to Dagger Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger

Just start the bid at $15 and whatever it end up at, sell it for that. Whoever buys it at whatever the price is decided they are willing to pay it. You wouldn't be ripping anyone off.. the market would be setting the price.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

On ebay complete Skywarp auctions range from $50-$70 for a complete Classics Skywarp.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
You want pricey deluxes?

Henkei Wildrider
Botcon Rodimus
Ravage X-9
Noisemaze Mass-Production Version

You may pickup your jaw afterwards.
Spliced together from my (old) collection pics

The thing is, I paid nowhere near what the current going rate is for them... Don't have Mass-Production Noisemaze, though.

Back on topic, I was pretty stupid with Classics Skywarp.
When the Magnus-Skywarp pack was released, I got a fellow member in the US of the TFans forums to help me out to grab it. He grabbed 3 sets: one for him, one for me, and we'd split the 3rd set (he only needed a Magnus). So I had a spare loose-complete Skywarp for a while. I somehow ended up selling him off a few years ago to someone in the US for like... $20 shipped.
No one else seemed to want him at the time, but at least I recouped my cost for him (fortunately, the bank lady was nice and didn't charge me the $5 handling fee for depositing a money order in US funds into my CAD account, seeing that the money order was only for $20...)

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai

Last edited by FreedomGundam; 04-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote