Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2024, 04:03 PM   #21
dak
Master Creator
Re: Most Regrettable Purchase?

The 3 or 4 RID2015 characters I purchased. Found them for semi cheap at a con, said why not, let’s give it a go…. Big mistake. Was not my cup of tea. Regretted it as soon as I took out of the bag.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:11 PM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Everything I have ever bought and then sold and everything on currently on my sales list
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:23 PM   #23
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Everything I have ever bought and then sold and everything on currently on my sales list
Pretty much this.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:37 PM   #24
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Thanks for the tips but this is kinda the antithesis of what this post is about.

I was looking for boardies to share regrettable purchases, already understanding the transaction was poorly handled or timed.

Understanding it was a mistake in retrospect is the point.

I think we all get more patient and have a better understanding of how the market for this stuff shifts with time.

Adversely, I been lucky to acquire several great pick ups for cheap (like cleaning out MP-10 at TRU on clearance for example) but again, that's not what I was hoping to commiserate with you all about.

also... "My advice, unless it's something you absolutely must have at any price right away, is to just sit back and wait. It'll show back up to fill the gap eventually and save a great deal of hard earned money." from the post you're replying to.

This is demonstrably false in recent years. Plenty of gigures have NOT shown back up. You snooze, you lose, and you're going to pay wild aftermarket prices.

Sales are fewer and farther between and not as good. Or when they're on, you can't find anything other than the same pegwarming junk nobody wants.

My biggest regret ever is probably the last TFCC stuff. I got both Thunder Mayhem and the Tripredacus. I remember looking at my hself at TM thinking, he's cool... but these redecoes cost me a half month's rent.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 06:16 PM   #25
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Might have said this before but Takara Legends God Ginrai (or any other release of this set).

Absolute pile of overpriced crap. Very fragile, floppy and just a mess overall. Through a single transformation, my copy of God Bomber had stress marks. God Bomber is built so poorly that he falls apart in vehicle mode and robot mode. The combined mode is the best part. You literally require an upgrade kit to make the figure stand up properly (and even with the kit, the figure is still tipsy).

I ended up selling this set at a loss, so really not happy with it at all. If you're looking for a Ginrai set, I HIGHLY advise going for one of the 3rd Party options. Those sets are significantly better (Fanshobby, Maketoys, KFC).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 07:12 PM   #26
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Off the top of my head I would also say TFC Hercules.. I dont overly dislike how he looks. He was just too expensive for what he his.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 11:55 PM   #27
Grimlocked
Generation 2

The new Skyquake and Dreadwing. Although I like their robot design, their transformation is one of the worst to the point where their paint scratches near the nose cone if transformed more than a few times properly (Yes, proper transformations seems to be a running Quality Control issue with those figures and will result in a lot of tries to achieve the proper transformation).
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 08:06 AM   #28
stinky
Machine War

For me, I would have to say MP Star Saber. Not because it is a bad figure, but it is alone. I highly doubt we will see Deathsaurus in this line, so having just one leader on the shelf is weird.
stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #29
Prime Sinister
Animated

Kronos.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions