Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #11
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Anyone Playing Pokemon Go?

I'm playing it too. I'm only at level 6. There are hardly any friggin Pokemon in my area, but I have got a few cool ones.

I also used the trick to get Pikachu as my first Pokemon. The only problem with that is that as I catch multiples of the common Pokemon in my area, mostly Drowzee's, Jinx's, and Zubats, I can transfer them away and get candy to power them up. But I can't do that with Pikachu! I really wish the candy wasn't species specific.

I also wish that you had to battle the wild Pokemon to catch them like the old games. That was how you usually raised the XP of your Pokemon. I've only gone to a gym a few times because I keep getting annihilated because most of my Pokemon just aren't strong enough!

I found a way to check for the Pokemon in your area. Go to Pokevision.com to see what's out there.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #12
Kristal
Machine War

im enjoying it a ton. level 21 and farming at a lot of montreal hotspots. but holy shit I want to strangle how stupid people are with pokemon go with how distracted they are.

Pay attention to the roads! The game vibrates your phone when one's around, you dont need to keep your eyes on it and walk into traffic! ALSO DONT DRIVE AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME HOLY SHIT. Someone almost rear-ended me in my town because he was distracted by a stupid pidgey.

Last edited by Kristal; 08-07-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #13
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Yep, the Mrs and I went on a Pokewalk last night with our phones, hit some pokestops and I caught some minor Pokemon. I'm just level 3, she's much further on because she usually plays it with our Pokemon-loving 7 year old.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #14
Jeem
Energon

Calgary is pretty crazy about it. Seen swarms of ppl out at night in Chinatown because of an Aerodactyl/Dragonite sigting. People angry that the war memorial we have is a pokestop. Some kid even found a dead body down by the river hunting for pokemon

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/08/07...-irks-veterans
http://www.660news.com/2016/08/05/ma...-banks-of-bow/

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:51 AM   #15
NickHusky
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraRight View Post
Yeah. I do like to play in Pokemon! Actually I like the culture of Pokemon since it gives me pleasure and nostalgic feelings. I remember how I played in this game in my childhood. It was a hell of fun. It started from the special Pokemon store, that my father has shown. The store was full of Pokemon attributes but my eye fell on the Nintendo DS version of the Pokemon game. I asked my father to buy this game and when I come home, I instantly decided to try the game. Actually, I fell in love in this game because I really liked the plot of Pokemon. Btw, at the present time, I don't have Nintendo DS, but I'm feeling free to download the emulator of this game as well as ROMs Nintendo DS Pokemon version of this game...
Thx for the info! I was looking for it..
NickHusky is offline   Reply With Quote