Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #1081
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Thanks James.

I was looking at some of the items again today, and think it would really help for some of them if we can display the ownership of parts/paperwork etc. in some manner.

i.e. For the Encore Cassettes, they came in a package of four, and it might not be clear whose weapons belong to who. If they could be sorted and indented somehow, it would make everything more clear for collectors - particularly where collectors only have one or two of the figures loose (maybe complete with accessories) but don't have the others. This is particularly true for Botcon sets.

i.e.
Great Cassette Operation
- Instructions (because it "belongs to" all four cassettes).

Rewind
- Left Thruster Gun
- Right Thruster Gun
- Tech Spec Card
- Microcassette case

Eject
- Left Thruster Gun
- Right Thruster Gun
- Tech Spec Card
- Microcassette case

Jaguar
- Left Proton Bomb
- Right Proton Bomb
- Tech Spec Card
- Microcassette case

Buzzsaw
- Left Mortar Cannon
- Right Mortar Cannon
- Tech Spec Card
- Microcassette case

Additionally, I noticed that while we input these types of relationships as curators, I can't find anywhere that the information is even displayed for collectors. A discerning collector trying to find out this information can't (or at least I couldn't) although our curators are putting it in the database. All the accessories, instructions etc. are simply listed as belonging to the product - no relationships are shown.
Yep, agreed. We are all over this. Updates were designed and planned to ensure relationships of ownership between Parts are better represented on site a few weeks ago. Look for this functionality to launch in advance of the marketplace this week or next.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1082
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Thanks for the info James.

I think there should be an easy way to bring up a larger version of a single item picture (like "gun" or "missile") the pics in the "parts and pieces" lists (both of them) are small thumbnails, and there's no easy way to "focus" to get a larger sized image, unless you use the totally separate scrolling bar on the left hand side.

Maybe turn the thumbnail pictures of items into links that change the focus of the main image on the left hand size of the screen?

Also, maybe when you click through to the item, instead or bringing up a page with no attributes that only shows the "belongs to" relationship, it can feature the picture as well, in a larger easier to see size?

Hey Shelflife users, if you want to take a look at some Euro G1 goodness, check out Thunder Clash, I uploaded some photos of this awesome figure, including his base mode!

http://www.shelflifex.com/european-t.../thunder-clash

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 04-14-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #1083
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
I think there should be an easy way to bring up a larger version of a single item picture (like "gun" or "missile") the pics in the "parts and pieces" lists (both of them) are small thumbnails, and there's no easy way to "focus" to get a larger sized image, unless you use the totally separate scrolling bar on the left hand side.

Maybe turn the thumbnail pictures of items into links that change the focus of the main image on the left hand size of the screen?

Also, maybe when you click through to the item, instead or bringing up a page with no attributes that only shows the "belongs to" relationship, it can feature the picture as well, in a larger easier to see size?
We're going to be revamping the Item page soon. The new version will be similar to the Product page, and will show off all of the photos that contain the item.

Quote:
Hey Shelflife users, if you want to take a look at some Euro G1 goodness, check out Thunder Clash, I uploaded some photos of this awesome figure, including his base mode!

http://www.shelflifex.com/european-t.../thunder-clash
Wicked photos, Bruticus82! You're pretty handy with a camera.

Does anyone else have any photos of '92 Euro TFs they could upload?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #1084
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

For the "Related links" section of each character, can we put things like video reviews? I was thinking of putting reviews by Peaugh in there (with his permission of course). As well, a way to help endorse the site, maybe see if Peaugh will put a little promo in his reviews for Shelflife. His endorsement would certainly help draw more people to the site.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #1085
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
For the "Related links" section of each character, can we put things like video reviews? I was thinking of putting reviews by Peaugh in there (with his permission of course). As well, a way to help endorse the site, maybe see if Peaugh will put a little promo in his reviews for Shelflife. His endorsement would certainly help draw more people to the site.
Hey razin. As a curator, you can link to any URLs that you think are relevant and important. Also, you needn't ask other sites for permission to link to them. Everyone loves inbound links!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #1086
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I've been trying to link to repaints and retools within SL. I find that sort of stuff removes some confusion over which figure is which.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #1087
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I've been trying to link to repaints and retools within SL. I find that sort of stuff removes some confusion over which figure is which.
That's quite helpful, Shepp. In the near future, we're going to add the ability to add references to other SL products and items.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #1088
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Hey razin. As a curator, you can link to any URLs that you think are relevant and important. Also, you needn't ask other sites for permission to link to them. Everyone loves inbound links!
True! I've gone ahead and updated the TFP RID and CV catalogs with yt reviews. It's like win-win situation, reviewer gets more views, and I potentially get credits from buyers who are persuaded by said review.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #1089
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
True! I've gone ahead and updated the TFP RID and CV catalogs with yt reviews. It's like win-win situation, reviewer gets more views, and I potentially get credits from buyers who are persuaded by said review.
Nice work, razin!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #1090
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quick question, on the impossible toys website they show off their product via youtube video (http://impossibletoys.com/page22.html). Some products (like their TFA series of Sari, Isaac Sumdac, and Det. Fanzone) use pictures from Seibertron.com, who is credited at the end of the youtube video.

I'm presuming that I cannot use these photos because they are from seibertron.com, even though they are used on the impossible toys website, correct?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife