Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #11
Synch
Beasty
Re: @#$% CANADIAN TIRE!

I'm with op on this one, it also has to do with how you come off personally. If you come off with any kind of high and mighty tude or what not us retailers can take offense to it we quite frankly put up with a LOT of bullshit from people who think they can get away with insulting and other such tudes us just because we happen to work at a store...

the only reason I personally do not reach out and punch people some times is not because I fear my for my job but that I fear of being sued :P

& yes at the LEAST its only $6...

personally I hate stores like walmart ect and there damned return polices because they have wrecked it for everyone else. We tell everyone out right NO returns! before they buy cra* but still we have people coming back biatching and moaning about stuff because they want to return it to buy something else to buy it someplace they found cheaper :S WTF? Some times people even bring back stuff used! Like yeah how am I suppose to sell this now huh?..

frankly there are a lot of ScAMERS out there :S

sorry if I've stepped on any toes here but I guess its a some what touchie subject matter for me being on the other side of the counter Its not all bad though as I make it out to be you to get to know and deal with great/nice people everyday as well

Last edited by Synch; 11-09-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
frankly there are a lot of ScAMERS out there :S
I know there are tons of people out there to screw the systems. It also does matter how you come off on the customer service agent. I try and save the attitude until they start using it on me.

True it is only a $6 item he is talking about, but if there is a guarantee on it not wearing out while the kid wears it... and it wears out... I think he is entitled to exchange it. Zellers has (or had) a similar policy on their kids clothes. Unfortunately, my kids tend to grow like weeds and grow out of their clothes long before they get worn out... but I would like to think if there was a problem with these items, they would be taken care of. At the very least, I think the stores should make it clear that you need to keep the receipts for the life of the item in order for this guarantee to be valid.

We tend to save receipts for a couple weeks (as if there is a problem, it usually shows up within the first couple uses), so we've never been burned on something like this. It is good to know that we should be keeping receipts for a longer time though.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.

Last edited by jourdo; 11-09-2007 at 03:26 PM.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

Whoa whoa whoa wait....... Canadian Tire has toys again? Scratch that... TF toys?
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
Synch
Beasty

yeah I have not checked my CDN tire yet for ages they havn't really had anything since they clearanced TF RID!

Haha Jourdo yes I try to be nice and polite & nice as one can beand explain stuff to everyone as well but some people theres just no dealing with

& didn't he/she say the item had little to no ware?.. So why try to return it to start with other than it sounds like her kid just never used it and she decided a year latter or some such that she wanted her cash back?.. frankly for $6 thats just a waste of everyones time heh! THough from the sounds of it as well the store people could have at least been nicer to her about it as well!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #15
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Having a receipt is NOT a requirement at all stores. I have returned several items to ToysRUs, Walmart and Home Depot without a receipt. As long as the items still had the original tags. Also they take your drivers license and info, to track fraud and such I assume. Any stores that don't accept items without receipts are too lazy to put in an effort for their customers.

I guess my point is receipts are NOT necessary for a return or exchange at all stores. Maybe SEARS has this policy but NOT all stores. I guess I will continue to do business elsewhere. I am sure I am not the only customer they have lost in this process.

I guess most companies really don't care about customer loyalty anymore. I don't really blame the customer service people, since if they can get away with crap, why not, less work for them. Also if I got paid close to minimum wage, why would I give a rats ass about the organization I work for. Its corporates fault since they don't care, and if they don't care who will.

Of course my little problem isn't the first one or going to be the last one. I think I've heard this before, "Customer service must be sacrificed for cheaper prices." I think thats what most stores moto is these days.

Can any one remember the last time you had exceptional customer service experience within the last 10 years? I remember mine. When I got Unicron at ToysRUs for $8 because they forgot to put a 0 on the end in the computer system. There fault not mine, and they credited me for catching it and gave it to me for $8. Now that is awesome customer service.

Last edited by tilallr1; 11-09-2007 at 04:19 PM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
Synch
Beasty

Yes even with a receipt they still make you sign stuff granted you can just put a fake name down and such if you don't use any cards or anything
Old 11-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Yes, being on the other side of the counter sucks at times. Working in a liquer store is loads of fun, esspecially when it is the MLCC's policy to do the odd return without a receipt. People always try to return everything, some legit, some not. Some folks steal stuff from one store and return it to another, some folks clean out the cabinets and try to bring back 10 year old Baileys, a product that only has a year life but has only recently gotten expirey dates. Never mind the drunks, the minors etc......Please try to use commen sense when returning things. For all the clerks at Sears know you could have bought something at Value Village and now are trying to return it. Keep your receipt, its not that your dishonest but unfortunatly too much of the world is. Give the clerks a chance and I'm sure you'll get better service, just don't always expect to get your way. Read the fine print.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #18
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post

Can any one remember the last time you had exceptional customer service experience within the last 10 years? I remember mine. When I got Unicron at ToysRUs for $8 because they forgot to put a 0 on the end in the computer system. There fault not mine, and they credited me for catching it and gave it to me for $8. Now that is awesome customer service.
The only way you get good customer service is if you get a deal cause someone made a mistake? Really stores like TRU, Walmart etc dont have great customer service but I get the impression your trying to seek out errors to try to stick it to them.
So what if somebody lost there job because you complained about the Unicron? What would have been really nice was if you pointed it out and didn't try to get anything in return. I can't disagree more with a lot of the things your saying. Everybody screws up, a little forgiveness is a good thing. If you were selling a Transformer on the boards and accidentally put that it was $10 dollars instead of $100 I for one wouldn't hold you responsible for the error. Would you then say"Sorry, I screwed up. Here have my $100 toy for $10 cause I made a mistake". I wouldn't expect you to do that even if you would expect me to.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote