Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Sam's Happy Time
Generation 1
Re: Are we getting MP-06 at Walmart?

There is no chance of it coming out in Quebec without any French on the packaging - If any make their way to the rest of Canada, it may only be a few misc stores lucky enough to get a few leftover crates (like the TRU classics reissue Soundwave) a few months down the line.

I preordered mine at almost twice the retail, the chances of my finding it in a store is zilch.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #12
Dropkick
Armada

The sad thing is, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream is more expensive on eBay now than Takara MP-3
Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

We do have a couple of things in favor of Walmart carrying the MP Starscream here in Canada:

(1) Walmart has brought in exclusives like the Robot Heroes pack recently so there might be a good chance this Starscream will show up.

(2) If we were in the middle of January now things might be different but we are now in the pre-Christmas-buying-frenzy season. With the fact that movie toys are selling relatively well and the movie DVD has just been released, Walmart may bring this in just because it is a Transformer merchandise for the Christmas.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #14
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm not couting on it...I have sent out some PM's to some ppl over at the TFW2005 to see it they can pick one up for me...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
The sad thing is, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream is more expensive on eBay now than Takara MP-3
That's cause people are panicing that if they don't get it "RIGHT F--KING NOW!!!" they won't ever be able to.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #16
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
(2) If we were in the middle of January now things might be different but we are now in the pre-Christmas-buying-frenzy season. With the fact that movie toys are selling relatively well and the movie DVD has just been released, Walmart may bring this in just because it is a Transformer merchandise for the Christmas.
I totally agree with you; hopefully, we'll see him soon...
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

That is how I feel.

And there have been many times that that has been the case with some of Hasbro's new figures.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #18
Spacemonkey
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The Classics 20th Aniversary Prime had 2 versions of packing, the Canadian one found from BC to Newfoundland sported bilingual packing with an anglo only speaking Prime. But sadly, Quebec didn't get it, but the rest of Canada did. If we get a package variant of Screamer, it's in the bag for a Canadian release and a safer bet with Quebec due to no voice box.
Your wrong when you say that Classic 20th ann. Prime wasn't released in quebec. He was, I saw him at least two times in the Toysrus stores in Quebec city (bilingual packaging and english voice).

Concerning Walmart MP starscream I'm confused:

-Classic 20th Prime wasn't a store exclusive if I remember (I'm not sure); probably a general release and it's why we had a bilingual packaging.
-20th anniversary Prime (first release of 2004) has english only packaging but released in Quebec. Don't remember if he was an exclusive
-All the other store exclusives were done with english only pakaging and some of them were available in canada except quebec ( robot hero 5 pack for example)

So what to think? Will it be available here? For sure i hope strongly that he'll come here including Quebec.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #19
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
That's cause people are panicing that if they don't get it "RIGHT F--KING NOW!!!" they won't ever be able to.
lol I agree the 'it's all gone' panic before it has even been released is getting well past over the top silly. 500,000 of these things have to go somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
That is how I feel.

And there have been many times that that has been the case with some of Hasbro's new figures.
Like what? 08BB is the only one even close I can think of and he's far from gone, he's gonna be around in droves for x-mas time, his rarity was really only in that big gap between his first release (arcee, dreadwing) wave and every one since then.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #20
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
lol I agree the 'it's all gone' panic before it has even been released is getting well past over the top silly. 500,000 of these things have to go somewhere...
I suppose once he reaches IDK exactly what to call it, saturation or full release. It will look pretty silly for the guys paying $200 for him on ebay right now.

Still I'm gonna be checking out the Wal-Marts round here from now on. Cause you never know....