Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Alright, can anyone explain this to me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbeat View Post
MP-01 and other Takara versions continue to be difficult to find anywhere while the Battle -damaged Hasbro version was on clearance for 50 bucks or less everywhere not particularly long after release.
That's normal, the Takara releases are not meant for the North American market and only imported by a handful of specialty stores. The Hasbro versions were probably produced in much larger numbers for North America too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #12
-KG-
Kranix

I don't have a problem with battle damaged figures. While I would never buy the repaints like battle damaged Jazz, exclusive releases like 20th Prime aren't a problem. I think it looks great and is on par in quality with the takara version. I don't need the takara version since I have this one, just have to replace the smokestacks. I won't have a problem buying the US Masterpiece Starscream, either.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
Sam's Happy Time
Generation 1

I usually stay away from any repaint that doesn't involve some remolded piece like the head.

The Alternator line rarely disappointed in that respect.
Sam's Happy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:32 AM   #14
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I don't have a problem with battle damaged figures. While I would never buy the repaints like battle damaged Jazz, exclusive releases like 20th Prime aren't a problem. I think it looks great and is on par in quality with the takara version. I don't need the takara version since I have this one, just have to replace the smokestacks. I won't have a problem buying the US Masterpiece Starscream, either.
I don't usually buy repaints either, but Final Battle Jazz was one that I actually bought. This is one of those few repaints where there is actually something different other than just a new paint job. FB Jazz actually has a different gun which got my attention. You see... I love figures with nice projectile weapons!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.

Last edited by RedOktobre; 11-03-2007 at 12:58 PM.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #15
Nocturn
Previously Dead

see, i am about as far from completeist as anyone. i just buy nice, usually cheaper toys, rip them ou of the packing, and set them on the mantle. i only have like 30, and consistency between lines just doesn't exist.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote