Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #11
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: What would happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
I expected greater things from you Aernaroth. lol
Its 2am, cut me some slack. Also, you think I'm going to give my good ideas out on a public message board, where someone can steal them? No... Hasbro's going to have to pay for those ideas.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Just some random morning thoughts, how about a series where the toy line matches the scale of the characters in the series, say 1:18 ratio. Also instead of animated or CGI, do it all in stop motion using extremely articulated toys... similar to Robot Chicken, but not as wacky

Maybe a series based on classic vehicles from say the industrial age or the 50's-60's.

Last but not least a series devoted to combiners, not just 2x or 5x but at least 10x with no extra pieces.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
I don't think I would care too much what they did with it but give it a REAL story. Stop with the lame kiddy garbage and make a series with some real substance.
I concur. Seriously, I'd love to see something with some real grit and sense of menace, showcasing how scary and intense a Decepticon invasion would be. The movie was fine, since it did bring old fans like me back into the fold, but I want some substance! I can't really watch those cartoons, especially the new animated series which I think is just skewed too young for me to really get into it.

So yeah, I'd like to see something that took these things seriously. I want to see a Decepticon on screen and actually be scared for once, and to have a story line that actually has real drama. But then, these things probably aren't really made for jaded grumpy people like me

Last edited by pud333; 03-23-2008 at 11:22 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #14
Barpharanges
Beast Machine

"It is the year two thousand and five...
The Decepticons....
Have won...
Earth...
Is in ruins...
All hope...
Is lost..."
Any new show/series that starts out with that creepy announcer voice from the animated movie reading the above lines will be concentrated Win for me. I'll let others better at writing fill in the rest....
Barpharanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
I don't think I would care too much what they did with it but give it a REAL story. Stop with the lame kiddy garbage and make a series with some real substance. Beast Wars and Beast Machines had some real deep story telling and great moments to it. I was watching some Galaxy Force today and was just amazed at how great the show was and how it was ripped apart so bad for the North Americans. Beast Wars worked with enought humour for the kids and enough good story for the adults.

Spencer.
I could not agree with you more.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #16
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
I could not agree with you more.
Ditto.

With me I gave up on the show aspect of Transformers after Beast Machines after I was so greatly disappointed with RiD and Armada. I'm at the point now were I could really care less what is done with the show as long as Hasbro keeps pumping out plastic crack goodness. To me Cybertron/Galaxy Force was a good example of this, I really didn't care about the show but I went hog wiled over the toys which along with Alternators and so forth made it just a fantastic time to be into TF's. Then the movie came along were we were not only treated to a solid toy line but an awesome live action movie to boot.

But ya with me I'm at the point now were I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we wont be getting a BW/BM quality show again and will be stuck with this "kiddy" stuff forever more. It's sad but with the way kids are growing up now this seems to be the way cartoons in general are going, which is too bad I grew up on such great cartoons only too see them today devolve so.

On the bright side I do have the live action films which more then make up for any deficiencies and lack of interest in the cartoon.

Last edited by soundwaveCA; 03-23-2008 at 01:39 PM.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
crimbot
Some Guy
Cool Re: What would happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
Ditto.

With me I gave up on the show aspect of Transformers after Beast Machines after I was so greatly disappointed with RiD and Armada. I'm at the point now were I could really care less what is done with the show as long as Hasbro keeps pumping out plastic crack goodness.
Agreed. I think the shows have been really weak, the new cartoon is much better than what we have been getting, but I miss shows like Beast wars that catered to a wider audience.

I always thought the whole trans-tech idea was pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure thats toast now. I'd like to see a story line grow and evolve for a long period of time. But really all I have been doing for the last few years is enjoying the toys and not the shows, so I'm not expecting anything to change much.. they are toys for kids, and shows for kids. They'll only cater to the kid in us.. if that kid hasn't been drowned by mortgage and reality tv.

I'm still a toys "r" us kid
Old 03-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

I think a lot of it comes down to budget. Where does Hasbro spend all its R&D? Transformers is only one small part of the whole and while we as a fandom clamor for more, there is only so much of the pie to go around. I am sure there is room for expansion in the company but at the top are some execs who in the long run, don't care about the toys themselves but what the bottom line is and where the profit is. I am sure R&D in Transformers is VERY expensive. Far more so than say a SW figure. SW figures sell for $10 and Transformers sell for $15. If you put in $2 per figure in R&D into each SW figure and $6 into each TF then were do you think your money will be? It is a decision of economics and what will make the most money in the end.

I think Beast Wars and Beast Machines was very expensive to produce for the company and while it brought back a revival in Transformers, now it is on a roll and there is no need to sink a lot of money into it. Get some bad cheap writers, allow Japan to make the shows themselves and we will do some crappy dubbing. Aim it at kids our 'target audience' and bam, we have a product.

Stupid giant companies owning an amazing lisence.

Spencer.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #19
onecoin
Banned

I'm thinking Transformers CCG. Then Transformers CyberPets. The Transformers Test Tube Growey Thing a momabobs. Then Transformers Ectoplasm/Mutagen. Then Transformers Rip Roarin Motorcycles. Transformers miniature collectible game, that's not attaktix, something by wizards or wizkids. Then Transformers Macfarlane Figures, then NECA will get the license, and rerelease it all. Then Transformers Lego, that's not BTR. Then more Transformers boobleheads. Then Transformers animated piggy banks. Then Transformers Starwars, not Star Wars Transformers. Then Transformers MMORPG. Then Transformers brand cheetos for the MMORPG players. Then Transformers Game Fuel, by Mountan Dew. Then Transformers VideoGame Based on the Best selling CCG. Then A limited edition Transformers videogame that comes with a steelbook Transformers game, and an Optimus Prime head that doubles as a videogame case holder. Then they'll blow them out on Boxing day, But its too late because everyone has them already. Then they'll make, get this, Transformers that transform, it will be crazy and I will knock out anyone that gets in my way at 7 am at Wal-mart to get one even Flea market Jay or any Hot Wheels treasure hunter for the ultra rare Optimus Prime in vintage Winnipeg Jets Jersey, that there are only 13 made of ever! --- catch my breath ---- actually I think that's it. Oh then take a shower and change my diaper after 72 straight hours of playing the CCG, and the MMORPG.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote