Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Prime Sinister
Animated
Toys R Us Overcharging

Anybody experience any overcharging by cashiers at Toys R Us?
Yesterday I purchased 6 items but my receipt showed 8. Turned out there was a "mystery" battery pack charge and a 12 month protection plan charge that I didn't ask for (cashier didn't even give me the warranty pitch). My receipt was quickly thrown in my bag.

When I turned back to point out the error, the cashier quickly took my receipt and processed the refund herself. She didn't even check for the missing item (battery). I thought only supervisors were authorized to issue refunds.

Not sure what a cashier gains from inflating sales, but I suspect they get a commission for the warranties.

CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
mcmus
Animated
Re: Toys R Us Overcharging

Happened to me once for the Warranty thing. They didn't ask me about the warranty but somehow it is added to the receipt. What's happen there is warranty option for some toys and the cashier has to select the decline option during the checkout process. However, some cashier didn't read or follow the instruction on the screen properly. Anyhow, always check the TRU receipts.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

They likely just screwed up.

If it is as easy as them missing a decline button on their till I don't think it was done on purpose.

I don't know how the supervisory position works at TRU but it is also very possible that the person was a supervisor and would thus have clearance to do returns.

Still, you could let the TRU know in a polite way so that they will know there was a problem.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Prime Sinister
Animated

The extra battery charge still puzzles me.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

This is not cool and is strictly against TRU policies. My suggestion is with your receipt in-hand (from your location, I assume this was from one of the GTA stores), then call 1-800-TOYSRUS and make a formal complaint, explaining everything you said here, including their reaction when you approached them afterwards. The store number is at the top of the receipt and the name of the cashier is near the bottom. This needs to be reported this way as it will get to the people that can do something about it so no one else is treated unfairly like this.

P.S. TRU Staff does NOT receive commissions from anything they sell... it's simply a glory piece. "Great job for selling XX."

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

This was a big story not too long ago with walmart. Cashiers were adding items or cash back without saying anything and then if it went unnoticed a "friend" would go through the checkout where they would give them the cash amount so the till would balance and the employee wouldn't need to pocket anything. I'm not saying that is what happened to you but I'm sure it doesn't just happen at walmart.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote