Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #761
zerocustom
Machine War
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roballan View Post
There's no right thing to do with stuff like this, that's the sad part.

I saw how many pre-orders weren't filled for MP-10, so I decided to try my luck in stores. Despite living very close to a TRU, I never even got near to MP Soundwave.

Now I'm reading here even if I had pre-ordered, I still might not have one at any point.

Lose-lose situation.

I think I may order a Takara version when finances are better for me. I like the red eyes more anyway.
I realize hasbro soundwave comes with a pile of cassettes and is much cheaper, but to be honest if my TRU preorder is canceled because they couldn't fill all the orders I may be a little disappointed to begin with but I'll probably just order a takara one and move on.

zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #762
bubbacon
Generation Everything

I had MP Soundwave, MP Acid Storm, and Generations Metroplex all on preorder from toysrus.ca. I had ordered them all a few weeks ago when Toys R Us had the 25% off sale on all Transformers products. The website had the prices listed at the 25% off sale price. I was thrilled, especially since ONE CASE of two units of MP Soundwave had arrived at the local TRU store that week. Of course I didn't get one of the TWO UNITS the store got. At least now all I had to do was wait for the products to come to my mailbox, and at 25% off no less. I didn't mind waiting a bit if it meant saving some money and not having to rush to the local TRU every other day.

My wife and I got new credit cards this week. I went to my usual online purchase places like amazon.ca, BBTS.com, and Paypal in order to update my "payment information." All of these were very simple to do, even at BBTS where I have merchandises in the "Pile of Loot" and Amazon where I have some CD's on preorder.

I went to toysrus.ca and couldn't find the "edit payment information" option. I called the 1-800 customer service number, and after 3 or 4 minutes a lady answered and I told her my situation. She said she'd "check with her supervisor and be back in 2 minutes or less." Eight minutes later she came back and told me I'd have to cancel my current preorders and reorder the products since they were unable to edit payment information on orders that had already been placed. Keep in mind these were ONLY PREORDERS. My credit card hadn't even been charged yet.

I told her I would have done that but then I'd loose out on the 25% off sale that was going on the week I ordered them. She then asked me to please hold AGAIN while she checked with her supervisor. SEVENTEEN MINUTES LATER she returned and told me, "we're sorry sir, but the products you ordered on our website are no longer available due to high demand."

I told her I know the products are in high demand, that's why I ordered them from the website, to avoid the hassle of constantly checking my local store which may or may not even get the product in.

She told me she was "very sorry sir."

I told her being sorry wouldn't get me one of the two MP Soundwaves that my local TRU got and sold out of before even making it to the shelves.

I then thanked her for her time.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #763
Jumbotron
Mini-Con

Glad (sad?) to see so many others going through the same wonderful process I am. Hope that there's at least one story by the end of this where we'll hear a pre-order getting filled.

P.S. I heard a story that there were going to be LOTS 2000+ coming to stores from one of the customer reps in my travels is there anyone that can confirm?
Jumbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #764
Deception
Crossover

"I am sorry you are not able to see the status of your pre - order # 7718917749. It is still in backordered status and should be shipped as soon as the item is released online. "

my reply from a customer service rep at tru via email
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #765
Deception
Crossover

i literally just got of the phone with a customer service rep at tru. she said the released date for soundwave is dec 13. YES that is correct. i told her i preordered on aug 5 and she said thats all the information she has. bummer. at least i know when my cc will be charged
Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #766
joshimus
Metroplex

I am glad I bought the Takara version way back when. Sure it was more expensive and the cassettes too, but for the hassle of IF I even get my TRU MP Soundwave, a VERY MUCH favorite character of mine, I would be pissed if I couldn't get one.
I still have 2 MP Hasbro ones on order from the 25% sale but I really am glad I went with the Takara route to begin with.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #767
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

and you guys wonder why we buy takara. a bit of extra cost, but you get it months earlier, and not having that stress is worth a lot to me, and there isn't one hasbro version i like better than the takara.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #768
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I love this. My current card expires at the end of the month and all I have to change with TRU is the expiry date on the card and now it sounds like I'm going to lose my whole order? If that's true, I'm going to raise hell with that store.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #769
Deception
Crossover

lol i just wanted the hasbro sw because he came with all 5 cassettes and the price difference between the takara is a big difference if you count all the cassettes. only reason i'm a bit disappointed is because i preordered and it hit retail 1st. i'm sure everyone else feels the same. the only reason i preordered in the 1st place is because i don't have the time to run around looking for a soundwave with school and work now and especially with competing with a ton of people who have better means to acquire him. although it doesn't really matter to me as long as i get him. i'm just happy i have an actual date now so i'm able to manage my funds better.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #770
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

That is correct folks. A huge, multinational corporation cannot even change simple payment options for preorders while small independent merchants are able to do it easily. How sad is that.

I too am going to lose out on my pre-order, it didn't help that the TRU phone representatives have a Southern accent which just makes them sound like redneck hicks...
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote