Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #11
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: collection pictures of unreleased figures

i've seen most of these pics already,except for one that really intrigues me.
wtf is the bada$$ looking grey trailer thing?
was it meant for classics voyager prime maybe?
i want it!!!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I hope you weren't talking about this fugly looking thing.

chans: do you happen to have a spare megatron and something skinny enough to slide inside those legs and of course a energon shockblast or sixshot?

I wanted to do this but alas didn't have the parts for it.

Last edited by Buhawi; 12-12-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
justprime
Animated

Maybe the question to Hasbro/Tomy is with all the unproduced pieces such as animated ,86 movie pieces etc.... mold's made from hardcopy's what is the reluctance to carry through and sell them under classic /universe,..or what ever banner..... I am sure that the collecing community would support this in the fact that what ever they call it... they are still TFs,... I am also sure the collecting community would purchase pieces such as 86 movie Arcee or the unreleased animated pieces such as Omega, super megatron to the many recolors that sit in warehouses in china pieces from G2 (redecoed stuntacons, thunderclash ) to present, time and effort have gone to wast on some great pieces,... it would be not unlike the release of charaters that have nothing to do with story line or apperance in movie or show, so the argument of being current representations of vehicles is moot, the sad part of this is that the fans can only ponder over what might have been , the fact that third party's produce these KO'S is at least a chance at possible reserrection and the KO producers seem to be getting better just ask anyone with the current G1 optimus, if Hasbro and Tomy are unwilling to produce then maybe its time for people like fans project and the likes to take the helm when it comes to producing pieces such as the unreleased/produced pieces pictured above or something similar (some may not like the arcee piece that showed up at the con (its quality what ever) but it did sell and it did give us a 86 movie arcee some thing that hasbro/and tomy have not done to current( but do have the molds) dispite the years of us asking...... only time will tell if we are ever to see these great pieces.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

if unlicensed companies do produce these especially classics arcee and maybe a classics voyager shockwave. I'm only willing to pay max, 25$ and 40$ respectively for each. I don't care about how expensive they are to produce either way with the quality of plastic most of them produce, they are in my eyes KOs. Production wise that's their problem not mine since I'm talking about my hard earned money. So I'm only willing to pay what it deserves. There are so many KOs out there especially when I was in asia. KO industry produced so many and are now milking the TF toy industry by producing these. I for one refuse to pay top beans just to get a mediocre quality product. with the exception of course with a select few Fansproject products.

The way I see it, after the sweet sweet end of bayformers, these should eventually come out.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
they could just make the unreleased titanium figures with the normal plastic and release them as part of the reveal the shield line.
It would require substantial redesign of the molds themselves to account for the differences between the two materials, and might require a lot of redesign of the figures as well. It's probably not worth the time for Hasbro, unfortunately.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

^

why?

you say it like its a fact so I'm just very curious. Passing from G1 diecast to G1 reissue plastic was not too cumbersome. did hasbro change the mould doing the reissues?

Last edited by Buhawi; 12-12-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: did hasbro change the mould doing the reissues?
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #17
justprime
Animated

Hasbro didn't seem to mind skimping on the alternators line I prefered to pick up the binalteck thought that the price compared to product (better paint finnish on steel as compared to a vary lack luster to the plastic (subaru for example) then encore pieces were also substandard to the originals lack of chrome or a durable chrome finnish and modes such as inferno again made it worth a couple of extra bucks to go Japanese, whats done in plastic seems to certainly transfer over to plastic.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

yes, from binaltech to alternator. so sad. also weren't those initial gray prototypes made from plastic?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
justprime
Animated

MP prime was in Diecast, and yes the binaltecks were grey,white etc.. mold tests were in plastic , its easier to rework the mold and check it with plastic before a finale stamping/injection is made in metal I was told.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #20
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Its a completely different process to do die-cast and plastic. Diecast is a liquid at a much higher temperature, it flows more easily, there's less risk of air bubbles because its a denser medium, there's less risk of mold sticking and cracking, the resulting finish is completely different, doesn't require pressure or screw extrusion, the joints on the final product will act completely differently due to the flexibility, weight and elasticity of the material, etc. etc. It can be done, but it requires two completely different sets of molds and moving from the one to the other is not as easy as flipping a switch from metal to plastic. It's also a lot easier to aim to make both types during the design phase, as in the binaltech/alternators line, compared to reverse engineering diecast into plastic or vice versa.

It might not seem like there was much changed in the reissues where plastic was substituted for diecast, but look what kinds of pieces were changed, how big they were, and where they fit into the mechanism of the figure in terms of stresses during play. I guarantee you there's more engineering that went into that than meets the eye. The molds were most certianly changed, if only to reflect changes in plastics, molding technology and technical standards in the 20 years between the two releases.

Also there's a complete difference between a test shot, which would be in resin and completely different from the plastic and diecast used to make the final figures, and which also was likely not mass-produced as quickly and in as great numbers as possible. Depending on the figure, its possible those test shots predate the manufacturing of any of the molds that would have been used to create the final figures.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote