Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Autovolt 127
Animated
Today I was in my first ever Automobile accident.

Hey guys after leaving school in the middle of the afternoon with my mom we went shopping at Wal-Mart and some groceries in Rockland, ON. Then after we picked up some Subway and we left to go home when suddenly a Ford Escape back into the road and my Mom's Toyota Corrolla smashed right into the Ford Escape. The Air Bags luckily deployed but the smell that came off the Air Bags......EWWW.

Me and my mom got right out of the Corrolla and the guy (a young adult who believe it or not graduated from the same school i go to last year) got out of his Escape, Mom and the guy started talking apparently he didn't see my mom's Corrolla he saw a white truck comming his way that's why the accident happened. Funny enough the car crash happened outside of another Subway store. As My mom and the young man started exchanging information and all that crap. Meanwhile the whole ordeal had caused me to start crying. Yes i cried out in public. Call me a sissy, I was scared shitless. Eventually Paramedics/Fire department showed up, the man driving his girlfriend kinda injured her neck (she wasn't wearing a seatbelt) she's fine now. The Corrolla's front bumper is totaled, the windshield glass shattered. My Leg kinda got hurt but it's fine now really. Anyways i was just driven home a couple minutes ago by my grandfather who picked me and Mom up.

Funny thing about the whole accident My Mom was planning to buy a brand new Kia Rondo after she came back from her holiday in Florida. That Corrolla was drivable for over 11 years now. Great, trusty car. Corrolla. You will be missed.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Today I was in my first ever Automobile accident.

Sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt.
I was involved in an aciddent last September and understand the emotions that go along with it, so don't sweat it.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
J-Ko
G1

Ugh, tell me about the smell of airbags. Not. Cool. I've been in two major accidents which have totalled each car.
Do you still slightly feel a burn on your face from the airbag?

Glad everyone's okay.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
STI 2NV
Energon

Glad to hear you ok too. One of my fav cars was written off last year in a collision last feb when someone decided to run a red light infront of me. I definitely understand the emotions of being in something like that, feeling scared and sad at the same time. The sadest part for me was I loved that car so much and to see it gone to waste for something so stupid as someone who didnt understand the rules of the road.

Luckly the insurance company aloud me to buy my car back and it has been a project for me ever since.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2NV View Post
Glad to hear you ok too. One of my fav cars was written off last year in a collision last feb when someone decided to run a red light infront of me. I definitely understand the emotions of being in something like that, feeling scared and sad at the same time. The sadest part for me was I loved that car so much and to see it gone to waste for something so stupid as someone who didnt understand the rules of the road.

Luckly the insurance company aloud me to buy my car back and it has been a project for me ever since.
Wow. What kind of car was that?

My mom had that car since August 2000. 11 years, I guess it's lucky she planed on replacing it in a couple of weeks (after she leaves to go to Florida with her girlfriends).
Old 04-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
questlyfe
is a G1 enthusiast!

happy to see you guys are ok accidents are terrible but eventually you move on and don't think about it. When i was 7 i got into an accident with my mother and 6 teeth were knocked out when my face smashed into the dashboard so i kinda wish i knew the smell of airbags lol
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
STI 2NV
Energon

Mine was a 2000 Acura Integra. Its not the best car in the world it was just the lightest car I have so it was allot of fun to drive.

It's almost done the rebuild it was only the front end before the engine that was destroyed. I got a new JDM front end for it doesnt even look the same any more.
Before

After

After rebuild.

luckly even though I went from 60-0 in a second. my passanger air bag went of saving my GF from serious injury. The air bage gave her a small mark on her face, but thats way better than anything worse. My air bag didnt go off because the clock spring in the steering wheel decided to go on me. I was fine aswell just shaken up.

Sorry to hear about that questlyfe, I can't imagine how afraid I would be getting into another car after that at that age.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Popped you accident cherry. Lucky no one was hurt. I've been racing cars(legally) for years now and have been in a lot of accidents. It's not that I'm a bad driver, things break or you push too hard. Only a couple of them have ever involved other cars, and only one was my fault. I've had a couple rollovers and many, many other accidents on the race track. The first couple really shook me up. The rollovers used to be in slow motion, I can remember thinking, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, crap. The last one I didn't even realize I rolled, until I was black flagged.

My best advice for on the street, don't trust anyone. Don't assume the other driver can see you and wear your seatbelt.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Glad that everyone is okay.I never got into a serious car accident (A few dents from other cars) but I don`t blame you for crying out (Would have done the same thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #10
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Popped you accident cherry. Lucky no one was hurt. I've been racing cars(legally) for years now and have been in a lot of accidents. It's not that I'm a bad driver, things break or you push too hard. Only a couple of them have ever involved other cars, and only one was my fault. I've had a couple rollovers and many, many other accidents on the race track. The first couple really shook me up. The rollovers used to be in slow motion, I can remember thinking, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, crap. The last one I didn't even realize I rolled, until I was black flagged.

My best advice for on the street, don't trust anyone. Don't assume the other driver can see you and wear your seatbelt.
I was wearing my seatbealt, allways have.

Tags
air bags ftw, car accdient, toyota corolla