Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Clear Nail Polish isn't helping my loose joints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
if the hole is stripped that means there is nothing for the screw to hold on to, I don't think that you can fix that....maybe with a bigger screw but that might split the arm so I would not recommend it...you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, sorry dude.
Actually there is a way to fix a stripped screw hole... sort of... just stuff something into the hole like paper so the screw has something to grip on to. It's sort of the same idea as the nail polish.

As for the Mirage ball joint, to find out just really how loose it is. Stick some toilet paper in the ball socket then carefully try an snap the arm back in place. Progressively add more until the arm is as stiff as you like it (No dirty jokes please...) The amount of TP you have to use will give you an general idea of how much nail polish you'll need to apply.

Tags
ball joint, classics miarge, loose