Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like most or hate least?
Armada/ Micron Legend 6 13.04%
Energon/Superlink 5 10.87%
Cybertron/Galaxy Force 19 41.30%
Never watched them...yet 0 0%
G1 FOREVER!!!! 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #21
Rogue_Optimus
Armada
Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

Watched all 3 but could never figure out what the whole point of the series were. Toywise, came close to starting up collecting with the ravage clones, don't remember which series, and quite honestly don't really care either.
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #22
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
I'm not really sure why G1 is in the poll. It's kind of unrelated, and of course people will vote for it. If you're going to put G1 in, you might as well put everything in and call it "what's your favorite tf show?" It defeats the purpose of doing an AEC poll...
heh...sorry I thought people wouldn't coment on this if g1 wasn't an option.

I wish i didn't now.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I voted G1 because that's what I grew up on and still love and cherish to this day. I know that every generation has it's own TFs, but G1 is the one that still feels the most like Transformers to me. And the 86 movie is still one of my all time favorite movies ever made (Go GMfan, laugh. You know you want to). Animated or otherwise.

Out of AEC, I don't know... I actually enjoyed Cybertron. actually grew to enjoy watching it on Friday evenings. Something about it just made me feel like I was watching Reboot, Beast Wars or Shadow Raiders again. I guess I could best discribe Cybertron as a guilty pleasure.

I want to like Armada and Energon but they just don't do it for me. I did like Armada more than Energon, though. But my desire to watch them was based entirely on Demolisher. I don't know why but he was my favorite character in those series. I guess I kind of related to him somehow. I was really loving his story in Energon because he was the most interesting and likable character in it. I really wanted to see how he would come to terms with his conflictions and how he would grow as a character... Then they ruined him and I dropped the series all together. But Snowcat rocks!
Why would I laugh? The 86 movie is probably the animated film I watched the most as a kid...maaaybe Land Before Time was close second but looking at my old VHS none of them stick out as much as the 86 movie (oh so much money pissed away renting that film so often...).

I'll agree with most people that Cybertron was the most watchable out of all 3 and probably the one I watched the most of. Though after spending so much time on jungle and speed planet...and giant starscream taking up another 20 or so episodes I grew bored quickly...

Toy wise though I think Energon was the under rated of the 3...nothing additional was needed to do something simple; I mean I get the gimmicks but sometimes it was just stupid yelling for cyber keys or my personal favourite having cannons and missile but never being able to fire them unless you had a micron... I'm sure somewhere it makes sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
heh...sorry I thought people wouldn't coment on this if g1 wasn't an option.

I wish i didn't now.
It can be eliminated if you want...people who voted for G1 will be able to recast their vote.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 04-10-2010 at 08:58 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #24
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Why would I laugh? The 86 movie is probably the animated film I watched the most as a kid...maaaybe Land Before Time was close second but looking at my old VHS none of them stick out as much as the 86 movie (oh so much money pissed away renting that film so often...).
I just remember that you have no illusions about how silly G1 is by today's standards. And yes, I spent a lot of money renting the 86 movie very often as a kid to.

And the Land Before Time is awesome!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #25
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I dislike all 3 equally.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #26
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Problem #1. Anyone who saw these in their stateside runs (Dub). BIG MISTAKE. Yes granted Micron Legend (Armada here) was only in R2 DVDs for a select few (Yours truly), Superlink is tough to find online (Energon) and ditto for Cybertron (Galaxy Force), but honestly, I don't think you can hold an opinion till you see it in it's original form. It's like judging Beast Wars based on it's Japanese dub. That's just....... wrong.
I don't think variations in the dialogues would change anything. It's the action that matters, much more than what's said. And the action was essentially the same.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #27
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

While this is post should be a completely separate subject, I can take the 86 movie more seriously then the rest of G1. I mean think of all the goofy G1 episodes there are, and compare that to the movie and it looks like Shakespeare in comparison. Ya it has goofy moments too but as a whole it's a well written and fun story.

If it's one thing I can add to that is that the 86 movie was also good for a general audience. Lets say you have some friends over...or even a girlfriend who you finally admit your insanity to....and they're curious how you got into this fandom...do you show them "The Girl who Loved Powerglide"? Or do you show them the 86 movie?

Needless to say the 86 movie is probably your best chance to show people where it started and maybe have them walk away thinking "hey ya...that was kinda cool!" instead of "....so....this is what your nuts about?....Why?"

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
If it's one thing I can add to that is that the 86 movie was also good for a general audience. Lets say you have some friends over...or even a girlfriend who you finally admit your insanity to....and they're curious how you got into this fandom...do you show them "The Girl who Loved Powerglide"? Or do you show them the 86 movie?

Needless to say the 86 movie is probably your best chance to show people where it started and maybe have them walk away thinking "hey ya...that was kinda cool!" instead of "....so....this is what your nuts about?....Why?"
Actually, I'd show them Beast Wars...because that's probably the one everyone remembers the most.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #29
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I don't think variations in the dialogues would change anything. It's the action that matters, much more than what's said. And the action was essentially the same.
Micron Legend was vastly different on a visual and story/dialogue level. What we got in America as Armada was rushed demo reels for most of the episodes, Japan got the nicely cleaned up version with extra scenes.

One example I showed at my panel at TFcon 2009:
<
Same scene........ don't rage now.

With Energon a lot of parts were cut out completely, some for no good reason at all (Like Kicker kicking things). Also Brade Swaile does not do the character justice as a voice actor. He admited at Fan Expo 2009 that people have told him that they don't like the Kicker "Jones" due to how he was voiced by him. While Daisuke Kishio did an amazing job (Who did a lot of bad ass voices for the Rockman series).

Cybertron..... don't get me started, it's a story mess due to them trying to shoe horn Armada/Energon into it. Just watch it in Japanese and enjoy it's epic greatness.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 04-10-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #30
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Actually, I'd show them Beast Wars...because that's probably the one everyone remembers the most.
....while I think BW is the better series I'm gonna doubt that they'd remember it that much unless they actually watched it, as it wasn't as big as G1 was back in it's day.