Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-09-2018, 01:30 AM   #11
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Same thing addicts say but with toys classic.
Lol rant over.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:03 AM   #12
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

It's hilarious how this thread so quickly turned into just bitching about prices and too many redos of old characters!

I personally have a list of things I don't care for TFwise (I only collect MP and Generations figs since CW so keep that in mind).

1. Combiner Wars Menasor - looking at the CW line as a whole you have to ask yourself "Wha happen?"

2. Crappy/no weapons - it's stupid that more of the Generations figs don't have proper guns or different ones. Also, why aren't they all black/grey? I hated Astrotrain's purple gun then and I hate it now. (I appreciate they're kind of addressing this with the next line but I don't care!)

3. CW feet - I don't hate them, but I wish they had offered the better style feet as an option with some of the other voyagers. Throw them in with the G2 box sets or that random Scattershot release or something.

4. Incomplete sets of figs - Don't give us just Broadside! Don't give us Frenzy and wait 3 years for Rumble in a different line! Don't give us Starscream then give us a new one before the rest of the jets! Don't give us a fembot combiner with 3 limbs!

5. Do NOT release a crappy figure like PotP Inferno again! I'm an idiot for buying it and it's the stupidest looking thing on my shelf!

Extra. Pretenders - they were stupid then and they're stupid now and you're stupid for collecting them. Don't update them, ever.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
It's hilarious how this thread so quickly turned into just bitching about prices and too many redos of old characters!

I personally have a list of things I don't care for TFwise (I only collect MP and Generations figs since CW so keep that in mind).

1. Combiner Wars Menasor - looking at the CW line as a whole you have to ask yourself "Wha happen?"

2. Crappy/no weapons - it's stupid that more of the Generations figs don't have proper guns or different ones. Also, why aren't they all black/grey? I hated Astrotrain's purple gun then and I hate it now. (I appreciate they're kind of addressing this with the next line but I don't care!)

3. CW feet - I don't hate them, but I wish they had offered the better style feet as an option with some of the other voyagers. Throw them in with the G2 box sets or that random Scattershot release or something.

4. Incomplete sets of figs - Don't give us just Broadside! Don't give us Frenzy and wait 3 years for Rumble in a different line! Don't give us Starscream then give us a new one before the rest of the jets! Don't give us a fembot combiner with 3 limbs!

5. Do NOT release a crappy figure like PotP Inferno again! I'm an idiot for buying it and it's the stupidest looking thing on my shelf!

Extra. Pretenders - they were stupid then and they're stupid now and you're stupid for collecting them. Don't update them, ever.
Voyager Springer and sandstorm are a thing (and are both excellent).

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #14
oroboru
Machine War

Surprised we made it this far without comments about the crappy stickers we're getting.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #15
mAk
Machine War

Yes, I would like to vent about venting threads that have to do with children's toys. They're annoying

Last edited by mAk; 10-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #16
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Many items to vent about.

Combiner Wars

Victorion - 2 cars and 2 helicopters as limbs, couldn't they diversify with a jeep, plane, tank, something else? Very lazy.

Titans Return

Wheelie - won't stay together in vehicle mode at all. Not tight like TR Bumblebee.

Kup - same problem as Wheelie, won't stay together tight in vehicle mode. My toddler likes playing with both characters, but complains they are broken.

Blaster - need more cassettes, tablets, whatever they are, but now realize they will probably be released 3 years later. A proper Ramhorn would be cool.

Ramhorn - I've learned from all you fine folks on this board that the last waves of Transformers toy lines can be really hard to find. For this one, maybe 5 showed up at Wal*Mart in all of Canada and the other 5 showed up at one Toys Toys Toys location at the Eaton Centre.

Power of the Primes

Voyagers/Leaders - the stickers.

Dinobots - the size.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #17
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAk View Post
Yes, I would like to vent about venting threads that have to do with children's toys. They're annoying
Haha...yes we've become older children now throwing tantrums about how our toys SHOULD have been made.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Haha...yes we've become older children now throwing tantrums about how our toys SHOULD have been made.
But what if you're venting about Masterpiece figures?
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #19
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
But what if you're venting about Masterpiece figures?
Tough one, I don't own any Masterpiece figures myself as they are beyond my price point.

Hasbro & Takara should definitely be more attentive to the fanbase when it comes to that line. MP collectors should definitely be able to vent.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #20
joshimus
Metroplex

I agree with the price issues and sizes being absurd. I look at SS Jazz and Bee (volkswagon) and they are small bots at a not so small price tag. I love Jazz but seriously he's more adorably small than a Deluxe figure. Bee is likely not that much bigger.
Then you have those small Primemasters, and I feel like I get a better deal from a Kinder Egg even without giving a crap about the toy inside. On top of that the Cyberverse line is expensive considering how little they are, how little they do (ie: not even transform) and hollow they are. They look like how Power Rangers has looked like for awhile, cheap Dollar Store knockoffs.

Lastly, we are paying a lot more for the figures and getting a lot less in quality control. Loose joints, parts popping off all the time. It just feels like the value of the figures how gone down the drain, for some anyway.

Another thing I don't get is again at a HEFTY price tag, why does a figure like Predaking, that i've always known having a sword, not have sword?. Or am I missing something because I no see a sword with mine.
I mean this is a great time for 3P companies to make a quick buck by selling in filler parts, extra weapons and enhancements but for what we pay for the figures in the first place, shouldn't Hasbro have done that to begin with?! And yes, on occasion I do buy those kits because they really do improve on a figure that should have been already at its best to begin with.

All I know is that right now I am avoiding Cyberverse and Bumblebee movie figures, though I did buy the SS deluxe which, SHOCKER, the arm gun needs to be taken apart and re-glued because it WILL NOT stay on the peg on Bee and his bot head pops off easily, hip ball joints are loose and his one bumper already broke, but glue can fix it. Again, at 30.00 a pop there really shouldn't be so many issues. He's on my return list. I just have to remember where the receipt is.

Anyway, that's my venting/complaints. Gonna only buy the figures that interest me for the Seige for Cybertron toyline, like that Shockwave.

As for MP figures, I really don't buy many of them. BW Dinobot was my most recent and while expensive AF, I absolutely LOVE the figure. So from my point of view, while pricey, the value I got I can justify...which makes me SUPER excited for Megatron.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote