Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: BW, G1 or both?
BW 8 9.30%
G1 35 40.70%
BW & G1 43 50.00%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
elburrito
Animated
BW or G1 or both.

Save for the dinobots, I have no love for the beast-former. It appears I am not alone. On the other hand, it seems that BW fans don't care for the cars. Is the fandom divided?

I would poll to find out but don't know how so please indicate your preference by reply. The choices are:

1) BW

2) G1

3) BW & G1

Edit: figured out the poll

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Titus Prime
Need RID Rapid Run
Re: BW or G1 or both.

I use to hate Beast formers. But a friend got me cybertron t-rex Megatron for my birthday last year, and i now own about 15 beast formers.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Pgianos
Banned

save for the first few episodes of g1 and the movie the writing was really bad. the writing for bw was amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Prime View Post
I use to hate Beast formers. But a friend got me cybertron t-rex Megatron for my birthday last year, and i now own about 15 beast formers.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

g1 all the way. not a fan of organic beast formers at all.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #5
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I grew up with both generations, G1 and Beast Wars. It's hard to pick one. If I really have to choose one, it has to be G1, but I picked both since there is the option for both.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Sludge2007
Beasty

Wtf is beast wars, there is only G1
Sludge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
Titus Prime
Need RID Rapid Run

Come on people wheres the Beast Wars love?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

I'm having trouble comparing the two, each series has it own thing going. I did grow up watching Beast Wars, I have seen G1 once as a whole but I do appreciate it, because without it Transformers would have never happened, gonna have to go with both.

Last edited by FEZaid; 01-10-2014 at 10:53 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Beast Wars. Definitely Beast Wars.

I grew up with BW. Although there was the vague recollections of G2 and it's Cybernetic Space Cube and gigantic Powermaster Optimus Prime ride from when I was younger. But BW was when I fell in love with Transformers. Unfortunately no other series has lived up to it since.

After 15 years of collecting, I've grown tired of car-formers(and jet-formers too). They're all more or less the same to me. Hood becomes chest, doors become arms, and rear becomes feet. Or some variation. The only really interesting car-formers are those that break away from this. And the only ones I can think of like this are those from RiD(the original Car Robots. Not that Prime crap). And I really think of RiD being more a part of BW than G1 purely for the differences in engineering styles. I wish there were more toys that broke the mold in the same way.

But just speaking about fiction and characters, I think BW characters are far more interesting. It's kind of like Batman vs Superman. The G1 characters are like Superman, the Man of Steel. They're like demi-gods, virtually immortal and indestructible. Which proves to be very boring because of how you have to invent god-like weapons and conflicts for them to face in order for their stories to be worth a damn. Is it any coincidence that some the best Transformers stories in history, such as TFTM or WWI, are about their gods?

Whereas with Maximals and Predacons, they're very much like Batman. They may still be robots in disguise, but they are at least partially organic. They are mortal. They are vulnerable. They can get sick. They can be damaged and altered by anything from a stick to a transwarp wave. They are relatable.

Another great thing about BW is that it has remained relatively pure and untainted. While G1 has been, at best, re-envisioned or rehashed with the likes of Animated or Prime and, at worst, mutilated and poisoned by the likes of the Bay movies and Shattered Glass.

And don't confuse beast-formers with Beast Wars. Just because something turns into an animal doesn't mean it's BW related. I've come to expect a certain level of quality from BW figures past and present. Not just in engineering, but in the character and design of the sculpt. Thundertron is a good example of what I'd consider and modern day BW figure that wasn't originally one. There's a certain look and feel to the figure that exudes character without you ever needing to read his bio. Which is something that none of the so called Predacons in Beast Hunters have.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #10
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

It's all good in my eyes as long as it's done well. Truck or monkey is fine with me.