Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #21
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria

The FT01 quakewave is 130, and I guess that company made some profit along with the brand name, since it is a good toy. Then suddenly they decide to raise 50% of the price? (70 / 130 roughly 53%) Can it guarantee the FT04 is really 50% harder to make than the FT03?
I only see greedy behind this price tag. and since I also need to consider shipping, custom fee, etc if I buy it. I would rather keep those money in my pocket, it's not easy to make money these days.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
Pascal
Banned

C'mon, it's already been mentioned the part count was much higher (about 100 more) on Scoria.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #23
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
C'mon, it's already been mentioned the part count was much higher (about 100 more) on Scoria.
Seriously Pascal?

Below are the prototype of both Ft03 and Ft04, from there I don't see 100 parts more.
Oh, yeah, Scoria has one more hand, that hand itself has at least 20 more parts since all the fingers can move, etc.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 11-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Seriously Pascal?

Below are the prototype of both Ft03 and Ft04, from there I don't see 100 parts more.
Oh, yeah, Scoria has one more hand, that hand itself has at least 20 more parts since all the fingers can move, etc.
If you dont like it, dont buy it. Why do you come here and bother us?

Cant wait for slag and swoop!!! The nay-sayers can do what they like, im already throwing my money at this!! For once, somebody is making a decent dinobot slag....when has this EVER happened??! .....thats what i thought.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #25
Slayback
Animated

I dont see the problem with FansToys making $$. Is it any less than hasbro making money? They fill toy shelves with crappy toys and people still buy it. Perhaps they've had to pay the designers extra because - maybe the put a little extra work in the design? don't forget the 3rd party company will sell it at whatever price to a supplier - and the supplier ultimately decides on how much he wants to price it at. Why aren't you complaining about the supplier putting the pre-order at $200? Why not complain to them and ask that they sell it at cost? They can do the whole toy collector community a favor and just give us all a freebie. I can totally understand why anyone won't purchase this item -because it doesn't fit their budget -but it really sounds like just sour grapes when you go on the offense trying to justify why something shouldn't be priced at 'x' amount. We all know that hasbro toys are pennies or something ridiculous to make. By all rights -that mark up is 1000x more, yet we're still buying them.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #26
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
If you dont like it, dont buy it. Why do you come here and bother us?

Cant wait for slag and swoop!!! The nay-sayers can do what they like, im already throwing my money at this!! For once, somebody is making a decent dinobot slag....when has this EVER happened??! .....thats what i thought.
U have problem, dude.
This place is a forum, I'm here just for discussion.
Is there any rule said "if u don't plan to buy this figure, get lost please?"

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Old 11-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
from there I don't see 100 parts more.
You don't, but the guy who's behind the project does.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Don't like, don't buy.

1. $130 was a great price for Quakewave.
2. Quakewave did not have many parts
3. There is probably more engineering in Scoria's legs than in all of Quakewave.
4. Is it not waaay too soon to complain AND do we not all know that BBTS's prices are THE HIGHEST?
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
3. There is probably more engineering in Scoria's legs than in all of Quakewave.
That too. Quakewave is great, but he still has a pretty simplistic tranformation, all things considered.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #30
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
I dont see the problem with FansToys making $$. Is it any less than hasbro making money? They fill toy shelves with crappy toys and people still buy it. Perhaps they've had to pay the designers extra because - maybe the put a little extra work in the design? don't forget the 3rd party company will sell it at whatever price to a supplier - and the supplier ultimately decides on how much he wants to price it at. Why aren't you complaining about the supplier putting the pre-order at $200? Why not complain to them and ask that they sell it at cost? They can do the whole toy collector community a favor and just give us all a freebie. I can totally understand why anyone won't purchase this item -because it doesn't fit their budget -but it really sounds like just sour grapes when you go on the offense trying to justify why something shouldn't be priced at 'x' amount. We all know that hasbro toys are pennies or something ridiculous to make. By all rights -that mark up is 1000x more, yet we're still buying them.
Slayback, that's why I want to discuss in this thread, because I want to see if this figure worth that much. I understand that company didn't decide the final price, but I don't think BBTS alone raise that price for more than 50% between FT03 and FT04.
Part of the reason for discussion is I want to see if this figure worth the asking price 200. My budget is not fixed. For good soul of chogokin, I won't mind paying over 300 for it.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback