Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 03-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
PE-11 Perfect Effect Socuting Force X - THE Chug Reflector??

With so many Masterpiece style Reflector homages coming out...where does the CHUG collector turn? I would HIGHLY suggest this little Jewel for your chug Reflector representation. It is the boisterous, bold and beefed up - Scouting Force X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJunYVg8sTo
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: PE-11 Perfect Effect Socuting Force X - THE Chug Reflector??

Totally agree on this. I snacthed this set when it first came out. There the perfect chug reflector set. Mean and armed to the teeth!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
Mystic Metal
CHIEF IDEA OFFICER
Mystic Metal's Ebay Auctions

These guys are sweet and fully loaded.

Mystic Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #4
Deception
Crossover

these guys are old news
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Optimusb39 and Mystic Metal...I couldn't agree more.
Deception, you are completely right too. They are old news, which was exactly why I wanted to take a look at them in the modern era to see ifthey still stack up. Besides, we have so many Mastetpiece inspired ones now that for those who aren't into that scale or line, or can afford that pricepoint, where do they go? AND As I learned myself when I re-entered the collecting arena several years back, what is old news to most of us is new news to new collectors. I love this character (these characters) and I'm just glad to see that we finally have a few options to taylor to your collecting taste, whatever line that may be. Same could be said for, let's say Hound and Sunstreaker as of late. If anything, I think options make all companies work harder to up their game and wr, as fans, can only win in that case.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

http://chimungmung.com/product_info....roducts_id=873

http://chimungmung.com/product_info....oducts_id=2958

http://chimungmung.com/product_info....oducts_id=2889

I am not sure where you are pricing your figures at but the PE set is around the same price as the rest of the 3rd party figures see my links they are all around $100 USD so for you to say that is gives someone that can not afford it options, as to me if they could afford this set then they should be able to afford MP.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Interesting link Masta Skidz. Whenever I have seen the PE set it has been 69 to 79. The 99 on the link you provided is definitely ovetpriced for this set. I managed to snag a good deal of 70 Canadian, total cost. That is certainly less than the masterpiece. Plus, to my mind, if you have one Masterpiece figure you really need several for proper display purposes and that can be costly. It is an awesome option though for those who can do it and I would if I could. I like the look and engineering of msny third parties and, for that matter, official masterpiece but it is certainly a line where ypu need to be selective in the purchases that work for you. Based on your links? I see your point, based on what I have seen and what I actually paid myself, different story. Who knows, maybe I lucked out.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
DuG
Titanium

I love the PE Scouting Force teams! I like them so much that I actually have the three different colour scheme sets.

I've recently been focusing my collecting on legends class figures and these sets fit in great with any legends class collection. They look great next to Iron Factory's Evil Lord and Soubdwave and cassettes.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Interesting review. I haven't paid much attention to them before and may have to look at picking up a set eventually for the CHUG portion of the collection
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #10
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Wow, I never even thought about them in an entire legends display, DuG, but yeah, they would work terrific with that. Wervenom, there was a lot to cover and I am sorry it ran so long. The chest configuration, in my opinion, is ineffective, but to each their own. I was GONNA get them for the going rate I see of 79.95, though small ,they are so well made and versatile that it is steep but justified. I lucked into a bit cheaper. If you can find them, I highly doubt you would have buyers remorse with them. Note though, I added the white around the chest, normally it is just purple. It only too kme a few seconds to do though with an acrylic paint pen, I get mine cheap and easy from Wal-Mart to be honest. I digress, the set is worth it for sure.