Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions
Re: Dumb question: MP Ironhide?

I was under the impression the aim of the mp line was the eventual release of the whole g1 cast?
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Before all these recent MP cars I would say some day. But since Sideswipe, Prowl, and Wheeljack have come out, and Bumbleebee soon to follow. Not to mention Takara having the Nissan licence and have made liberal use out of it as mentioned. And Ironhide having a mold partner in Ratchet. I think it's going to be sonner rather than later when an announcement is made.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
I was under the impression the aim of the mp line was the eventual release of the whole g1 cast?
At the current rate of MP development, we'll all be dead by the time they complete the entire g1 cast (assuming seasons 1 to 3), lol.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #14
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Before all these recent MP cars I would say some day. But since Sideswipe, Prowl, and Wheeljack have come out, and Bumbleebee soon to follow. Not to mention Takara having the Nissan licence and have made liberal use out of it as mentioned. And Ironhide having a mold partner in Ratchet. I think it's going to be sonner rather than later when an announcement is made.
Takara has shown that they don't need a G1 cast member to get a repaint out. Just look at the reuse of the otherwise one use MP-20 Wheeljack mold into Exhaust and you have to assume their willingness to develop that figure was because they planned to milk it for that repaint/remold.

Until they announced MP-20 I assumed Jackie, Jazz and Hound would never get MP figures. Now I'm just hoping they can come up with some lame excuse for reusing Jazzs' and Hounds' alt modes.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #15
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post

Until they announced MP-20 I assumed Jackie, Jazz and Hound would never get MP figures. Now I'm just hoping they can come up with some lame excuse for reusing Jazzs' and Hounds' alt modes.
Jazz has a G2 paint scheme no? Plus you have Stepper/Ricochet, and probably a few other G2 dudes.

As for Hound there's always Detritus.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #16
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
Takara has shown that they don't need a G1 cast member to get a repaint out. Just look at the reuse of the otherwise one use MP-20 Wheeljack mold into Exhaust and you have to assume their willingness to develop that figure was because they planned to milk it for that repaint/remold.

I just mean that it makes it more enticing as a choice that two G1 chars share the same mold rather than as you said, taking the Wheeljack mold and turning that into Exhaust to justify the production cost of some chars that don't have obvious repaint possibilities.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Jazz has a G2 paint scheme no? Plus you have Stepper/Ricochet, and probably a few other G2 dudes.

As for Hound there's always Detritus.
Egads you are right as a G1 kid who thought the later G2 releases looked wrong and ugly I tend to not think of G2 repaints but that would work for a lot of them.

The only Jeepformer I could think of was Swindle. Which they did as a reuse of Hounds Alternators/Binaltech mold. But as an MP is meant to be a representation of the original character in their original body (not a new body as Alternators was meant to be). So an MP Swindle that doesn't combine I don't think would ever happen.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post

I could be wrong, but it's hard to make that van more visually exciting. I'd sure be exited, though.
Perhaps tinting the windows, putting a mattress in it, and free candy painted on the side. Standard 80's van.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #19
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

MP Ironhide and Ratchet are no brainer, but let's see what big bad Con Takara will give us.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #20
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
MP Ironhide and Ratchet are no brainer, but let's see what big bad Con Takara will give us.
At this point there's only Megatron left for the REALLY iconic guys since we already got Soundwave and the seekers. I guess after that it would be down to Shockwave, Reflector, Insecticons(yes please!) and the Triple Changers. Anybody else on the Decepticon side is a combiner.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote