Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #21
nuropa
Robot in Disguise
Re: MP44 Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
I have NEVER seen takara do after service on a figure released... I think its pretty pathetic.. if they dont on mp44 I think would be a big customer relations mistake.. for 400 US whatever it should be perfect!..
Takara did recall certain figure with defective sound chip not that long ago, but they don’t do replacement parts like 3P does. Amazon.jp is good for return or replacement unit if you order thru them, they credit return shipping from what I read.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #22
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
Takara did recall certain figure with defective sound chip not that long ago, but they don’t do replacement parts like 3P does. Amazon.jp is good for return or replacement unit if you order thru them, they credit return shipping from what I read.
Agreed bro.. thank goodness then for Amazon .. all these poor people with broken knees .. what if you didn't buy from Amazon ?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

I wonder if we'll get a G2 version of MP-44... We never got one for MP-10 or MP-01.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I wonder if we'll get a G2 version of MP-44... We never got one for MP-10 or MP-01.
I always felt that the YOTH Optimus was a good option for G2. Darker red and darker blue reminded me of G2 Prime. Unfortunately, the gold is a bit distracting.

But don't worry, they will redeco this mold as much as they feasibly can imo.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #25
Marcotron
Robot Master

MP-01/04 superior.
It's taller, weighs a ton with the diecast metal, and looks great standing over every other bot on the shelf.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #26
Pascal
Banned

MP-01 is the mother of all MP figures. Tons of die-cast, rubber tires, working suspension and pistons, light-up matrix, movable mouth, flip-up communication panels, it was loaded for its time. Or any time, for that matter.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #27
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
umm whats his name showed how to move the knee joints without damaging it... move the top then the bottom... although tman 1978 says that wont last... i dont have it but look into it..might make you feel better
I think it was emgo316 on youtube that was talking about how he bends the knee. I think he said he bends it slowly and supports that clip thing, or whatever it is. Fingers crossed that 3rd party comes to the rescue, but I think that's stupid that another company needs to come in a fix their mistakes. There was also a video of a "fix" that consisted of cutting that tab off so it doesn't get caught. I don't know how I feel about that.

I missed the train on MP01, but he looked awesome.I like the dimensions of him and he looks more "robot-like".
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:56 PM   #28
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
I think it was emgo316 on youtube that was talking about how he bends the knee. I think he said he bends it slowly and supports that clip thing, or whatever it is. Fingers crossed that 3rd party comes to the rescue, but I think that's stupid that another company needs to come in a fix their mistakes. There was also a video of a "fix" that consisted of cutting that tab off so it doesn't get caught. I don't know how I feel about that.

I missed the train on MP01, but he looked awesome.I like the dimensions of him and he looks more "robot-like".
The only thing one thing about mp01 is no neck ... that's it
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #29
CanBot
Cybertron

I'll only pick up MP44 if Takara runs a second batch that fixes the issue. I'm not gonna throw my money at something that wasn't thought through. There is absolutely zero reason this should have been an issue. Those who got lucky are exactly that: lucky. User error isn't the cause. No excuses, Takara.