Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
Ultra Mad
Generation 1
Ultra Mad's Ebay Auctions
Who would like a Minerva toy reissue?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've been collecting Transformers for a few years now. I was wondering how many of us Transformers fans and collectors would like to see a reissue of the Masterforce character Minerva?

Thanks!
Ultra Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake
Re: Who would like a Minerva toy reissue?

Oh hell ya +1. I have the Gutto Kuru figure so having the G1 in comparison would be awesome. If anything they should just reissue all three of the juniors.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
Crobot91
Metroplex

Official re-issues would be nice; however, good quality knock-offs were produced a few years ago of both Minerva/Minelba and Go Shooter...

I've got a set for sale/trade (shameless plug).

EDIT: SOLD

Last edited by Crobot91; 11-07-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Crobot91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Ultra Mad
Generation 1

First of all, thanks for the welcome Secondly, I did see those KO a few months ago online. I even considered buying them from a member of this forum. However, I realized I would rather own the "real" thing. Some character get reissues every few years, so why not Minerva? A shop owner in my region told me why. According to him (and I do believe he is right), Minerva appeal to a certain type of collectors and would not get enough interest for a mass production release. Then why not an exlusive? And reissuing the three junior headmaster could be very interesting. I'm convinced that if we can gather enough support for this (support as in enough people pledging that they would by such an exclusive) we could convince someone to release it.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

There are many reasons why they choose not to reissue something, and those reasons could include they don't think the character is popular enough, but it could also be a lost/damaged mold (i.e. dinobots, and others).

Hasbro (and moreso Takara) are interested in serving collectors, but their plans for the encore reissue line are murky at best. I mean, we got Fort Max, which many people, me included, thought we would never see. But that was almost two years ago. Then again, there was a 2 year gap in the encore line once before, and when it came back we got twincast, soundblaster, anime coloured devastator and fort max. So maybe they're just waiting to make an announcement about a new batch of reissues.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Ultra Mad
Generation 1

I'm not blaming Hasbro/Takara. I'm just saying that it seem to me (of course, I could be wrong), that an interest for a Minerva toy reissue is real. Why not make the compagnies know about it? They can't know unless people tell them
Old 10-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #7
Janitor
Classic

I've always welcomed G1 re-issues, and there's definitely room for Minerva in my collection. Personally though, topping my Encore wish list are:
-Artfire
-Overlord

Can't be the only one hoping for those long-shots.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mad View Post
Some character get reissues every few years, so why not Minerva? A shop owner in my region told me why. According to him (and I do believe he is right), Minerva appeal to a certain type of collectors and would not get enough interest for a mass production release. Then why not an exlusive?
Welcome to the boards. Unfortunately, I think that the shop owner is right and for the same reason we would never see an exclusive. It would simply be cost prohibitive. Hasbro and Takara can roll out G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron reissues every few years because of the mass appeal of these iconic characters across the fan base. Unfortunately, your casual fan would have no idea who Minerva is nor would they know who the other Jr. Headmasters are for that matter. It's unfortunate but many people that I know who grew up in the G1 era don't even know about characters that were introduced after the 1986 animated movie. Interest was fading and many people just didn't care for the newer gimmicks (Pretenders, Action Masters, etc). In my opinion, if they were going to make any new molds to reissue G1 toys, it would be for really popular characters like Wheeljack, Mirage, the Dinobots, Scorponok, Trypticon, Menasor, etc, etc.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #9
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

they'll just reissue prime and soundwave again instead. I wouldn't mind an official reissue, I have the original, but it yellows too easily

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #10
Ultra Mad
Generation 1

I must admit that Minerva is less known/popular compared to characters like Wheeljack and the dinobots. I'm not sure exactly what would be the best way to test the fans's interest in such a reissue.