Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: which headmaster origin story do you like better?
the american one 26 57.78%
the japanese one 19 42.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
which headmasters origin story do you prefer?

now i'm no expert, so hopefully theres not a third story that stemmed in the comics or something, but do you like the american "retool the robot heads and have organics pilot them" version, or the japanese "autobots that left cybertron long ago and got really smart and built their own transtectors" version?

personally i think i'd have preferred the american story and would've loved to see an american season 4 fleshed out, with the targetmaster thing too.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
dancybak
Generation 1
dancybak's Ebay Auctions
Re: which headmasters origin story do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
now i'm no expert, so hopefully theres not a third story that stemmed in the comics or something, but do you like the american "retool the robot heads and have organics pilot them" version, or the japanese "autobots that left cybertron long ago and got really smart and built their own transtectors" version?

personally i think i'd have preferred the american story and would've loved to see an american season 4 fleshed out, with the targetmaster thing too.
I actually agree as I felt the Headmaster story in Japan overall was terrible.

Daniel was whinier than ever, Soundwave and Blaster remade. The death of prime was meaningless and avoidable, along with the "dream" of double convoy, which has already happened. And then out of nowhere, Rodimus, Kupp and Blurr leaving to live peacefully?!?!? Flying away into space? And don't get me started on Cybertron destroyed?!?!

I just did not like the series at all.

To me there were better options, and I would've like to see a Golden Cybertron again with a renewed effort from the Decepticons. I also liked the impending power struggle between Galvatron and Skorponok.

Overall I think they could've done made a great 4th season, and having the powermasters come in halfway through would've help the toy line immensely.
dancybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I grew up with the american story and I have to tell you, when your a kid the thought of actually being able to become a transformer was just too much to pass up!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Deemar
Banned

I just started watching all these and the Japanese version is terrible, like there was zero thought put into it. The way the US version detailed the background on the Nebulans and explained how/why they should pilot the Headmasters was brilliant. And then Zarak and his troops and how he worked on the underground city to make it a headmaster that he pilots....brilliant. I would love to see a Headmaster Arcee toy with Daniel as well.

When I started watching the Japanese versions.........not so much.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancybak View Post
I actually agree as I felt the Headmaster story in Japan overall was terrible.

Daniel was whinier than ever, Soundwave and Blaster remade. The death of prime was meaningless and avoidable, along with the "dream" of double convoy, which has already happened. And then out of nowhere, Rodimus, Kupp and Blurr leaving to live peacefully?!?!? Flying away into space? And don't get me started on Cybertron destroyed?!?!

I just did not like the series at all.

To me there were better options, and I would've like to see a Golden Cybertron again with a renewed effort from the Decepticons. I also liked the impending power struggle between Galvatron and Skorponok.

Overall I think they could've done made a great 4th season, and having the powermasters come in halfway through would've help the toy line immensely.
I haven't watched the entire series, but I would like to add the ridiculous part of Predaking being easily knocked out by a targetmaster transformer and also maybe the part of Predaking being defeated by the headmaster transformers. I wonder if 4 headmaster transformers beating Predaking was realistic?

I wish Hasbro allows fan-fiction writers to share their ideas to the storyline of Transformers series. I imagine it would've be fun.

Anyway it is hard to decide which Headmaster story is better because I hadn't seen the entire Transformers: Headmasters series.

By the way, since the Japanese adaptation of Transformers Animated is coming to an end, would anyone like to bet if a season 4 is going to come out to continue the unfinished story?

Here is a trivia fact:
For those who watches High school of the dead, the seiyu for Takashi Komoru is the same seiyu who did the japanese dub voice actor for Sentinel Prime. Surprising isn't it?

Last edited by Goji_tron; 12-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
dancybak
Generation 1
dancybak's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post
I haven't watched the entire series, but I would like to add the ridiculous part of Predaking being easily knocked out by a targetmaster transformer and also maybe the part of Predaking being defeated by the headmaster transformers. I wonder if 4 headmaster transformers beating Predaking was realistic?

I wish Hasbro allows fan-fiction writers to share their ideas to the storyline of Transformers series. I imagine it would've be fun.

Anyway it is hard to decide which Headmaster story is better because I hadn't seen the entire Transformers: Headmasters series.

By the way, since the Japanese adaptation of Transformers Animated is coming to an end, would anyone like to bet if a season 4 is going to come out to continue the unfinished story?

Here is a trivia fact:
For those who watches High school of the dead, the seiyu for Takashi Komoru is the same seiyu who did the japanese dub voice actor for Sentinel Prime. Surprising isn't it?
Well it got sillier and sillier as the series progressed to the point that the 4 headmaster would clasp hands in the air and emit a pwerful beam to defeat enemies... tbh it got very Power Ranger like.
dancybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Honestly...when I was a kid and got a Chromedome I didn't know about the Nebulos story of the Headmasters. So I needed an explanation for the headmaster technology. The heads were tiny Cybertronians that couldn't transform so they built the bodies so they could fight along in the war...

Turned out years later when I started educating myself in the Japanese side of Transformers my explanation was close to theirs...so I kinda like their origin story more as it doesn't involve organics piloting heads...that always seemed silly to me. How would they bend backwards like that without breaking their spine!?

Crappy show aside (which I don't understand how the quality of the show is affecting anyone's vote when this is simple asking preferred origin) the Japanese origin story wins when it comes to logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post
Bet? I got $500 that says their won't be a season 4. You in?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 12-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I've tried multiple times to stomach the japanese versions or anyone of the cartoons minus TFA, I can't. Maybe it would have been better if i watched the continuity in my earlier years...

I want to see goji_tron and Gm_fan duke it out at tfcon. that would make far better entertainment than the japanese continuity.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Honestly...when I was a kid and got a Chromedome I didn't know about the Nebulos story of the Headmasters. So I needed an explanation for the headmaster technology. The heads were tiny Cybertronians that couldn't transform so they built the bodies so they could fight along in the war...

Turned out years later when I started educating myself in the Japanese side of Transformers my explanation was close to theirs...so I kinda like their origin story more as it doesn't involve organics piloting heads...that always seemed silly to me. How would they bend backwards like that without breaking their spine!?

Crappy show aside (which I don't understand how the quality of the show is affecting anyone's vote when this is simple asking preferred origin) the Japanese origin story wins when it comes to logic.

Bet? I got $500 that says their won't be a season 4. You in?
I am not sure. I didn't literally mean real betting.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
I've tried multiple times to stomach the japanese versions or anyone of the cartoons minus TFA, I can't. Maybe it would have been better if i watched the continuity in my earlier years...

I want to see goji_tron and Gm_fan duke it out at tfcon. that would make far better entertainment than the japanese continuity.
What do you mean by me and GM_fan duking it out? Duking out about what?