Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Pointing Fingers...Michael Bay kicked my dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Dude I'm sorry about your dog. I can't believe he would just do that. Like making shitty movies isn't enough.

Ok, So, I don't have a dog...

And that is the type of statement that drives me crazy. Did he Star in every movie he made? Did he write every movie he made, did he produce every movie that he made. Unlike Sam's professor, Michael Bay is not the Alpha and Omega of the Movie business. People over see his work every step of the way.

I think that people have a propensity to accost Michael Bay because it is the popular thing to do. They jump on the ‘I hate Michael Bay’ band wagon, not because it is their opinion, but because it is the opinion of others whom want to seem more intelligent. People are pressured to loath these movies because they to don’t want to seem like they are not as savvy as a typical movie critic. It is sort of like a regular person stepping into an art gallery. They have no idea about the paintings, but will agree that a slop of paint on a canvas is truly a work of art, if an art critic has deemed it so. It is sort of the same thing with Transformers ROTF. It is not supposed to be a work of art. It is flashy, it is crud and is what the average person enjoys watching, even thought they think that they shouldn’t.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

TJ.. You said what I was thinking. Thanks for saving me from all the typing
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Michael Bay RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!!!!

(just kidding! But he IS a giant douche and a 5-year old would prolly make better TF movies...just sayin')
Quoting from a webcomic "He didn't rape our childhood, he just stuck his hands down our pants and fondled it a little bit."

Looking For Group
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Meh - I've just completely stopped reading anything and everything on here and TFW about the movies. I loved 'em and I'm happy with that. I'd LOVE to find some kind of fan site for the movieverse where I could discuss the movies and related toys, etc without all the fighting and hating and arguing and mudslinging... but I don't know of any such movieverse fansite.

I do get annoyed when people insist on putting forward their anti-movieverse views ALL OVER THE PLACE. I expect it in the movie forum and the toy forum and the general TF forum, but some days it feels like I could be reading a thread about a reciepe for lasagna and someone will come in there with something like "I hope all yur lasanyas R bettr tahn teh bay poo movies!!1!!".
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #15
jacobot
drone 179

Go Team Jetfire....

I'd say they chose him to direct their story based on his past examples of car chases, fight scenes and explosive tendencies.... that is all
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
This is a Transformers forum. The big thing happening in the Transformers franchise right now is the film series directed by Michael Bay. Said films happen to be steaming piles of excrement. Why shouldn't we point this out when the topic arises?
There you go again, blaiming Michael Bay for this movie. Case in point.
Did I? I pointed out that the movie was directed by Michael Bay. I also said that the movie was terrible. That was pretty much it.

Of course, the director of any movie does bear most of the responsibility for the quality of said movie, and while there have been cases where studio interference forced a director to make significant changes to a movie against their wishes I've seen no indication that anything of the sort happened here. Also, many of the flaws in the Transformers movies are also present in pretty much every other movie Bay's been involved with, despite him having worked with several different writers and producers over the years.

Still, I can't help but find it funny that you quoted my post as a "case in point" for people blaming all the problems in the Transformers movies on Bay when, in that post, I said nothing of the sort. Maybe you should try actually reading a post before you make snide comments about it.

I'd also suggest that you try making a Youtube video in which you plead teary-eyed for people to "Leave Michael Bay alone." You might find a more receptive audience there.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Also, many of the flaws in the Transformers movies are also present in pretty much every other movie Bay's been involved with
And in pretty much all Transformers cartoons produced to this day. I call it consistency.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #18
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Beast Wars had an actual coherent plot and well written fleshed out characters. The 1986 movie was also pretty decent. Sure, there's been a lot of crap made over the history of the franchise but a competent filmmaker would be able to separate the wheat from the chaff and tell a decent story using the vast swaths of material available to them. Unfortunately, Bay and co. decided to keep the chaff and throw the wheat away.

Also, I don't think it's unreasonable to hold a $200 million movie to a higher standard than a cheaply-produced 1980s toy commercial.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Beast Wars had an actual coherent plot and well written fleshed out characters.
Easy when you have 4 ENTIRE SEASONS (how many episodes in total?) to do so.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #20
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot posted:

Did I? I pointed out that the movie was directed by Michael Bay. I also said that the movie was terrible. That was pretty much it.

No, you colorfully stated that both Bay Transformers films were steaming piles of excrement, while making sure to attach Bay's name to the comment, alone. No Orci, no Kurtzman, no Speilberg, no Dreamworks.

I think you made your point very clearly myself even before you added:

Of course, the director of any movie does bear most of the responsibility for the quality of said movie.

If you want to take shots at Bay, fine. Just don't spin it to pretend that you aren't. Proudly put down Mr.Bay and his films. It is your internet right.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote