Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
UW Bruticus pre-order up on AE

For those interested, Anime Export has the pre-order up for Unite Warriors Bruticus.

I'm posting this up because it appears the order window is only up to the 26 of Jan, if I read it right. That's not a lot of time to act, so if you're interested, I'd get on it soon.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: UW Bruticus pre-order up on AE

Wow that is a great price. Works out to be around $125 Canadian, probably 40-50 shipping. Will end up being around 75 cheaper than bbts

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
Pgianos
Banned

Sweet ordered
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #4
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Ordered through my plastic Crack dealer haha.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:47 AM   #5
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

I'm not ordering it, but thanks for posting it.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:08 AM   #6
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I still can't justify myself to pay double right now.... even though this price is lower than expected.. The combaticons will stay in combined form anyways, so I guess I have to pass unfortunately... hopefully I won't regret not getting this. I kind of regret I got UW Constructicons now, I paid almost more than double of the CW version, which at the end I only put the UW Constructicons in combined form.... unless someone here can talk me into getting the UW version. I didn't get the UW Defensor, and I don't have any regrets at all right now. What do you guys think? Does it worth to pay double for the UW Bruticus?

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 01-23-2016 at 01:10 AM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

It's not really double for the takara Bruticus.
You're paying for better quality of plastic, qc, paint apps and a better representation of the combiner team.

Walmart deluxe 17.96 x4
Voyagers 34.99 x 1 = 120.85
+shuttle blastoff 25 =145.85

Tru deluxes 19.99x4
Voyager 29.99x1=124.24
+Shuttle blastoff 25 =149

Possible Hasbro release of a shuttle blastoff add another 25 canadian if you're lucky to fins it for that price.

Takara Bruticus 133 Canadian
40 shipping
=173 canadian

Shipping is cheaper for the takara one if you go in with a few other people. I think it's a better choice if you want a great combiner that is closer to the g1 set and has better quality.
You will have 1 less figure than the Hasbro set if you go by my calculations but I feel it's a better deal for the set I want, it's all personal preference. Do what makes you happy or do what leaves you without regret.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 01-23-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Ordered but never thought about what Matrix Holder said about going in with other people for cheaper shipping. Have to remember that fro next time
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #9
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Ordered but never thought about what Matrix Holder said about going in with other people for cheaper shipping. Have to remember that fro next time
Bigger package means more chance of having to pay taxes.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #10
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
It's not really double for the takara Bruticus.
You're paying for better quality of plastic, qc, paint apps and a better representation of the combiner team.

Walmart deluxe 17.96 x4
Voyagers 34.99 x 1 = 120.85
+shuttle blastoff 25 =145.85

Tru deluxes 19.99x4
Voyager 29.99x1=124.24
+Shuttle blastoff 25 =149

Possible Hasbro release of a shuttle blastoff add another 25 canadian if you're lucky to fins it for that price.

Takara Bruticus 133 Canadian
40 shipping
=173 canadian

Shipping is cheaper for the takara one if you go in with a few other people. I think it's a better choice if you want a great combiner that is closer to the g1 set and has better quality.
You will have 1 less figure than the Hasbro set if you go by my calculations but I feel it's a better deal for the set I want, it's all personal preference. Do what makes you happy or do what leaves you without regret.
Can you prove "better quality of plastic?" I have is devastator and Hasbro. More articulation on uw, but plastic quality feels and looks the same. Paint apps are similar if placed differently (not arguing that usually Takara has more paint apps but ymmv - hot spot is ugly go me). Friends have uw Superion and other than paint job dontreport any difference in plastic.

Your prices are also slightly misleading. Not strictly incorrect, but. We need to consider that the is bruticus color scheme is likely to be more cartoon accurate and may be less appealing to some fans.

Your TRU prices must factor in sales, particularly with TRU 45 day low price guarantee. Deluxes are $18 at TRU. So take the 115 dollars and subtract at least 20% and quite possibly up to 30%. You have 45 days from purchase to take the receipt to the store to get that price adjusted when they go on sale. That's undr a hundred bucks. I've gotten each Hasbro combiner for at least 20% off tru retail.

Now if you tack on a possible 25-35 buck na shuttle blastoff, sure. Ultimately it does depend o. If the uw color scheme and shuttle blastoff is ultimately worth 50-100 more depending on how much you can get Hasbro for.

I'm not denying that TAKARA may use better quality plastic but have seen no reports not have experienced anything demonstrating that claim.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote