Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
Window
Robot Master
Re: Maketoys Quantron preorders are opened at Automaton!

After tax and shipping - $500 CAD at EB price.
Just ouch - that is comparable to MMC.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
Rev
Addict

I don't think so. MMC is $500 before taxes and shipping. It adds up!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think so. MMC is $500 before taxes and shipping. It adds up!
Not if you got it through PSX and get the free shipping deal or even if you go paid for shipping its still cheap.

Point is I'm comparing the least expensive options and it is approaching MMC level prices. With the EB it is MMC level prices.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #14
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1

If your talking Canadian retail pricing between Maketoys Quantron and MMC Feral Rex, MMC is way more expensive at 104.99 x 4 then Leo Dux at 129.99 a total of 549.99 before taxes. Maketoys Quantron box set is 429.99 before taxes. How is this at MMC's price level??? Not even close...
Old 06-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Not if you got it through PSX and get the free shipping deal or even if you go paid for shipping its still cheap.

Point is I'm comparing the least expensive options and it is approaching MMC level prices. With the EB it is MMC level prices.
Ok,I see what you are getting at.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNiceToys View Post
If your talking Canadian retail pricing between Maketoys Quantron and MMC Feral Rex, MMC is way more expensive at 104.99 x 4 then Leo Dux at 129.99 a total of 549.99 before taxes. Maketoys Quantron box set is 429.99 before taxes. How is this at MMC's price level??? Not even close...
You're not taking into account Quantron will be subject to HST or Duties plus shipping costs whereas we have options with MMC to avoid Duty/HST altogether and shipping is either free or minimal.

So yes it is MMC's price level once you factor all that in, you cannot just look at base raw cost.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:55 AM   #17
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1

Quote:
You're not taking into account Quantron will be subject to HST or Duties plus shipping costs whereas we have options with MMC to avoid Duty/HST altogether and shipping is either free or minimal.

So yes it is MMC's price level once you factor all that in, you cannot just look at base raw cost.
The shipping from automaton toys is 12.99 for Quantron. That is considered cheap for shipping a toy that size IMO. I was actually comparing CAD/US retail costs against the 2 which makes MMC much more expensive. Also I checked out PSX (Planet Steel Express from China?) and their pricing on MMC feral cons it comes out to 524.97 USD (their pricing is in USD) = 561.38 CAD (this is at 1.06 exchange rate) for the set of 5 and take note when you pay with your Credit Card or paypal it never follows XE.com exchange rates. You end up paying more because of higher Bank exchange rates. Then the shipping for 1 Feral con from that website costs 26.61 USD Registered mail (cheapest shipping option from them)... To ship 5 Feral Cons from PSX costs 98.00 USD using EMS which is the only shipping option from them for shipping big packages. Your pushing $660+ CAD mark after shipping and this is without the duties or Taxes. Shipping stuff from China to Canada isn't cheap. Anyhow Maketoys Quantron is 429.99 CAD+12.99 shipping +5% tax (to non quebec/ontario residents) = 465.12. Even at $500 after shipping and HST for Quebec residents its still a $150 price difference compared to PSX pricing with shipping and without duties or taxes... Another note nothing is in stock on PSX for MMC Feral Cons...

Last edited by CrazyNiceToys; 06-27-2014 at 05:25 AM.
CrazyNiceToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #18
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
The shipping from automaton toys is 12.99 for Quantron. That is considered cheap for shipping a toy that size IMO. I was actually comparing CAD/US retail costs against the 2 which makes MMC much more expensive. Also I checked out PSX (Planet Steel Express from China?) and their pricing on MMC feral cons it comes out to 524.97 USD (their pricing is in USD) = 561.38 CAD (this is at 1.06 exchange rate) for the set of 5 and take note when you pay with your Credit Card or paypal it never follows XE.com exchange rates. You end up paying more because of higher Bank exchange rates. Then the shipping for 1 Feral con from that website costs 26.61 USD Registered mail (cheapest shipping option from them)... To ship 5 Feral Cons from PSX costs 98.00 USD using EMS which is the only shipping option from them for shipping big packages. Your pushing $660+ CAD mark after shipping and this is without the duties or Taxes. Shipping stuff from China to Canada isn't cheap. Anyhow Maketoys Quantron is 429.99 CAD+12.99 shipping +5% tax (to non quebec/ontario residents) = 465.12. Even at $500 after shipping and HST for Quebec residents its still a $150 price difference compared to PSX pricing with shipping and without duties or taxes... Another note nothing is in stock on PSX for MMC Feral Cons...

Except I've only had to pay for shipping on two of them and at a cheaper rate than what you're quoting.

Like I said, these are approaching MMC prices once you factor all in assuming you bought when they first came out.

What you're looking at is non EB pricing for MMC's figures and the non-free shipping option that PSX has now - if you got in early you avoided all that and got EB pricing plus exchange rates were very different when they first put preorders up.

So again, yes it is MMC pricing at this point and I'm not sure what Maketoys is doing to cause such a large jump in price compared to GG or even FP's Menasor.

It does make me 100% sure I'm not getting these guys through one of the major retailers as the price they want is too high.

To make it clear you're comparing Quantron EB pricing to MMC non-EB pricing.

Quantron non-EB price in CAD is $535.60 all in.

Also since MMC comes in 1 figure at a time you do not get ding'd on duties at the border.
So yea, MMC level pricing which is a little ludicrous considering how good MMC's figures are and how much more playable they are.

I find Maketoys figures, while beautiful and well engineered, do not have alot of playability due to some of the more delicate parts.

Last edited by Window; 06-27-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #19
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1

Quote:
Except I've only had to pay for shipping on two of them and at a cheaper rate than what you're quoting.

Like I said, these are approaching MMC prices once you factor all in assuming you bought when they first came out.

What you're looking at is non EB pricing for MMC's figures and the non-free shipping option that PSX has now - if you got in early you avoided all that and got EB pricing plus exchange rates were very different when they first put preorders up.

So again, yes it is MMC pricing at this point and I'm not sure what Maketoys is doing to cause such a large jump in price compared to GG or even FP's Menasor.

It does make me 100% sure I'm not getting these guys through one of the major retailers as the price they want is too high.

To make it clear you're comparing Quantron EB pricing to MMC non-EB pricing.

Quantron non-EB price in CAD is $535.60 all in.

Also since MMC comes in 1 figure at a time you do not get ding'd on duties at the border.
So yea, MMC level pricing which is a little ludicrous considering how good MMC's figures are and how much more playable they are.

I find Maketoys figures, while beautiful and well engineered, do not have alot of playability due to some of the more delicate parts.

I see your point but you're talking about prices in the past I'm talking about prices that's present lol...
Old 06-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
I see your point but you're talking about prices in the past I'm talking about prices that's present lol...
I'm comparing apples to apples.

You've got EB price for quantron vs non EB price for MMC.

That is apples to oranges.