Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Messing with a good thing

I was watching the Animated movie from '86 last night and it struck me how much most of the score sucks, especially during the Autobot City battle sequence (way too many 80s synth keytars).

Someone oughta rescore the movie for the 25th Anniversary. I'd leave in Lion's re-worked Transformers Theme, Unicron's theme, Stan Bush's "Dare" and "The Touch", and even the instrumental over Optimus' death scene works (very Vangelus/Blade runner-esque).

But I'd replace some of the score with more fitting tunes. For example, Drowning Pool's "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" would fit the Autobot massacre scene where Starscream kills many of our favourites with Megatron in gun mode aboard the shuttle.

I'd have "Dare To Be Stupid" remixed with some cross-over style hip-hop (Lil' Wayne anyone?).

Anybody else imagine other songs inserted into the '86 movie?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Messing with a good thing

i was just mostly miffed that the score on the "remastered" new version of the classic movie doesnt match the original.it's most noticable at the end of the battle for autobot city,as soundwave carries megs into astrotrain and little rumble carries megs bfg.they cut alot of the original score(mostly the instrumental scores,my fave music) out of the new release for some reason^^bodies on the floor you say???you could be onto something there......
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I absolutely loved the score for the 86 movie. It fit the theme, it fit the time, it was perfect.

It pains me to think of Dare to be Stupid remixed in a hip-hop way (sorry, i dispise hip-hop music with every cell of my brain that is capable of disliking something)
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
astrana
Nexus Maximus

classic is meant to be classic, i am against changing the scores or any music
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i was just mostly miffed that the score on the "remastered" new version of the classic movie doesnt match the original.it's most noticable at the end of the battle for autobot city,as soundwave carries megs into astrotrain and little rumble carries megs bfg.they cut alot of the original score(mostly the instrumental scores,my fave music) out of the new release for some reason^^bodies on the floor you say???you could be onto something there......
Wait a minute...they cut the score in the Remastered version? Do you mean the Sony BMG one from a couple years ago with the cover by Don Figuera?

That's explains why the score seems so disjointed in some spots...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Articuplex
Generation 1

sounds good guys
Articuplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Wait a minute...they cut the score in the Remastered version? Do you mean the Sony BMG one from a couple years ago with the cover by Don Figuera?

That's explains why the score seems so disjointed in some spots...
the one that comes with the lenticular cover slip in.but i only noticed the scores/instrumentals being altered,none of the actual songs(the touch,dare 2 b stupid,etc)seemed changed.also,if you have the actual score from the original movie,the new movie's instrumentals dont match.close,but no match.the easiest way i actually confirmed there was a difference was to play both the original(on vhs)and the new remastered version(dvd lenticular cover)side by side at the same time.(plus,i always listen to the original score or the steve jublonsky score from the live movie as i bash/customize bots)i only found this out cause i just had finished listening to the original score on cd,then popped in the remastered movie to listen to while bashing and i started to notice alot of differences.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I actually liked the Autobot City Battle score. Not so much when listening when studying though, everything else is spectacular as background music to listen to.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

"Instruments of Destruction" has always worked in that scene IMO.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I was watching the Animated movie from '86 last night and it struck me how much most of the score sucks, especially during the Autobot City battle sequence (way too many 80s synth keytars).

Someone oughta rescore the movie for the 25th Anniversary. I'd leave in Lion's re-worked Transformers Theme, Unicron's theme, Stan Bush's "Dare" and "The Touch", and even the instrumental over Optimus' death scene works (very Vangelus/Blade runner-esque).

But I'd replace some of the score with more fitting tunes. For example, Drowning Pool's "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" would fit the Autobot massacre scene where Starscream kills many of our favourites with Megatron in gun mode aboard the shuttle.

I'd have "Dare To Be Stupid" remixed with some cross-over style hip-hop (Lil' Wayne anyone?).

Anybody else imagine other songs inserted into the '86 movie?
This is the kind of thinking that leads to Greedo shooting first and a spectral Hayden Christensen.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote