Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #21
BeeBoy29
Alternator
Re: Toys R' Us Transformers Sale from June 19th - 24th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I've had them pricematch a competitor on something I'm buying, and I've had them refund the difference on something I bought from them earlier and then they put it on sale later, but I have yet to get them to refund the difference on something I've already bought when a competitor puts it on sale later...

i.e.

Pricematch: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99. I take it to the cashiers with a flyer from a competitor advertising the same product at (say) $9.99, and they match the competitor's price.

Price Adjustment: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99, and I buy it. A week later, Walmart puts them on sale for $9.99 and I go back in to Wally and they refund the difference.

Retroactive Pricematch/Adjustment: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99 and I buy it. A week later a competitor has the same product on sale for $9.99, though it is still $15.99 at Walmart. I go back to WalMart and ask them to retroactively pricematch the competitor's price by refunding me the difference.

Technically it should fly, since all we are doing is avoiding me returning the figures at WalMart and buying the same figures again but this time getting the pricematch to a competitor. But if it takes this much talking (writing) to explain it, I have strong doubts that Wally Customer Service will catch on...
Ill print this out and show them Maybe they can understand something better on paper
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
C_Shewins
Robot Master

All I can say is this weekend is gonna be busy for me or everyone... lots of price adjust, price match to do.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #23
damnu
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Deluxes are 11.92
BB helmet is 39.92
BB blaster is 43.92
I saw the flyer today, but it says nothing about $11.92 deluxe. The helment and blaster are both $35 though. I live in Toronto area.
damnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #24
crimbot
Some Guy

Looks like they have the fallen in stock online for sale price
Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #25
chans formers
raff ow roud

darnit.kinda dissappointed.apparently although the f.a.b.'s are deluxe sized,the sales/price match doesn't count on rotf deluxes,just the f.a.b.'sso the regular deluxes aren't on sale,just f.a.b.'s
Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
I've had them pricematch a competitor on something I'm buying, and I've had them refund the difference on something I bought from them earlier and then they put it on sale later, but I have yet to get them to refund the difference on something I've already bought when a competitor puts it on sale later...

i.e.

Pricematch: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99. I take it to the cashiers with a flyer from a competitor advertising the same product at (say) $9.99, and they match the competitor's price.

Price Adjustment: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99, and I buy it. A week later, Walmart puts them on sale for $9.99 and I go back in to Wally and they refund the difference.

Retroactive Pricematch/Adjustment: Walmart has a deluxe at $15.99 and I buy it. A week later a competitor has the same product on sale for $9.99, though it is still $15.99 at Walmart. I go back to WalMart and ask them to retroactively pricematch the competitor's price by refunding me the difference.

Technically it should fly, since all we are doing is avoiding me returning the figures at WalMart and buying the same figures again but this time getting the pricematch to a competitor. But if it takes this much talking (writing) to explain it, I have strong doubts that Wally Customer Service will catch on...

Remember this rambling nonsense? Well it worked just fine! Walked into customer service with my reciept for the Fallen and said "Hi, I bought this here recently, but this week ToysRus has it cheaper - can I get a pricematch refund for the difference?" and the nice lady rang it through no problem and handed me back $4.something, refunding the difference. Woo! So if you bought ROTF Voyagers at Wally within the last 90 days for more than $24.98, take your reciet and the TRU flyer to customer service at WallyMart and ask for a refund of the difference.

... then take that refund and buy MORE Transformers...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
Wh33ls
Generation 1

Quote:
Remember this rambling nonsense? Well it worked just fine! Walked into customer service with my reciept for the Fallen and said "Hi, I bought this here recently, but this week ToysRus has it cheaper - can I get a pricematch refund for the difference?" and the nice lady rang it through no problem and handed me back $4.something, refunding the difference. Woo! So if you bought ROTF Voyagers at Wally within the last 90 days for more than $24.98, take your reciet and the TRU flyer to customer service at WallyMart and ask for a refund of the difference.

... then take that refund and buy MORE Transformers...
Same with me, but for my Voyager Starscream!

Wh33ls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale, toys r us canada