Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict
Re: HFTD $$ diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Standard price for at least the last two years, and really not something to complain about. Check out the running prices on some of the other action figures. When you consider that you have to shell out 10 bucks for a 3 3/4 inch figure of Spider-Man or Luke Skywalker, pitching in an extra 6 to get a figure that's usually an extra two inches in bot mode, transforms and turns into a car or truck or tank - that ain't bad man.

Also, Hasbro has nothing to do with what you're paying at the store. That isn't standard regulated. The stores decide what they're going to charge, which is why the prices vary from Wal-Mart to Toys 'R Us to Zellers.

And besides, Wal-Mart has there $10 Deluxe sale/rollback at least four times a year, often times running for a month atta time. It's just a game of whether you want to wait the extra few weeks and chance the figures still being in stock in save 6 bucks a pop.
This was wonderfully said, and it's basically how I approach toy buying. I always wait for sales, unless I feel very, very unsure about whether something I want will still be there for one. I have only ever bought something at full retail once since I've started collecting. (Granted, that wasn't very long ago, but it's the principle of the matter! XD)
Robot Heroes! Snarl and Sharkticon, Optimus and Barricade
Last buy: HFTD!Jetblade and Ironhide
Dream toys: 07 Black Japan exclusive, the Wonderfest exclusive, and the Battle Damaged versions of Arcee ones*sigh*
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Rose View Post
This was wonderfully said, and it's basically how I approach toy buying. I always wait for sales, unless I feel very, very unsure about whether something I want will still be there for one. I have only ever bought something at full retail once since I've started collecting. (Granted, that wasn't very long ago, but it's the principle of the matter! XD)
Thanks! And agreed. I got loose with my wallet last week for Human Alliance Jazz, but he's the only H.A. I've paid full price for. The rest seem better suited at clearance.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Hasbro raised the MSRP in the states by $3/deluxe and $2/deluxe starting with the HFTD line

I'll no longer buy toys at retail price

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote