Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Selling your toys on TFsource

I am looking to sell some of my collection, in order to get to the Seekers set from Takara (Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp). This came to my attention that perhaps it would be best to sell them to a Toy store online, and TFsource came in mind. Has anybody done business with them? Like selling your toys to them? Would I get ripped? or they go accordingly with retail price?

Thanks
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Selling your toys on TFsource

I have not sold anything this way but as a business for profit, i'll guess that they wouldn't leave you with the shirt on your back. Try local, be it kijiji or craigslist. If you get no interest then most likely the market is telling you that you're asking too much.
good luck
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
fordjuse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
TFsource

Thanks
TFsource is a business. Do not expect to get full value of anything. Loose stuff will command MUCH LESS than boxed or carded figures.
fordjuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I sent them a spreadsheet of over 1000 items, all itemized with details and they didn't even have the decency to respond to me. That was over a year ago so don't even bother contacting them.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
omegacanuck
Generation 2

Where are you located? Anyone who buys a collection as a whole is going to be looking for a pretty decent discount, but you might find yourself saving shipping to the US if you find someone local. Maybe someone here will be willing to work with you.
omegacanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #6
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I sold over half of my collection to them several years ago, the process was long. The collection I sold was valued around $20,000 and they gave me just shy of $7000 for it (US Dollars, which at the time was almost at par)

Mine was 36 LARGE BOXES of assorted loose and MISB stuff from G1 to current at the time.

They only pay with check and you have to send everything to them first to verify it. (That was very expensive, but I can tell anyone who is doing something like this, use the shipping service with Costco, it saved me a LOT of money)

The overall process took over a month and too be honest if I didn't really need the 7 Grand like I did at the time I never would have done it. To be honest my stuff was far more valuable than I was given, and they gave me the best offer.

BBTS offer was downright insulting, and Ages Three and Up was lower than TFSource.

No one else was even interested.

EDIT*** I should add, your bank will give you a hard time with cashing the check they send you as well unless you tell them to send a certified check.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

Yeah, don't waste your time with TFsource, they will probably not respond.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yeah, don't waste your time with TFsource, they will probably not respond.
I really hate to agree with Pascal, but yeah, don't do business with them
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

The thing is I want to sell my collection as a lot, it would cost me less on shipping if I sell 1 or 2 at a time
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:55 PM   #10
python
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
I am looking to sell some of my collection, in order to get to the Seekers set from Takara (Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp). This came to my attention that perhaps it would be best to sell them to a Toy store online, and TFsource came in mind. Has anybody done business with them? Like selling your toys to them? Would I get ripped? or they go accordingly with retail price?

Thanks
Like most business's you would get less than half (or half if quality item) what the item should sell for. Not what you paid for the item.

Using your For Sale thread as an example, you MIGHT get $60 for your loose Henkei Seekers.

If you want to move them, better to cut your asking price to like $100 for the set. You would likely move it faster and get a better deal. (or just drop by $20 a week until someone jumps)

Locally, I buy MISB/MOC for far better prices than the local Giant Robot Comics (what I need/want) but they'll buy it all in one shot and some people just want to be one and done.
python is offline   Reply With Quote